openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi All,

im connecting via VPN into my network- all is accessable also I can Ping OMV and I can see the login Page of OMV in my Safari Browser (iOS) but if I enter my credentials - i will be throw back to Login page... if i enter my credentials wrong i get the normal error message that the credentials are wrong...

The VPN runs on a RPi - before it was running on the NAS (OMV) itself ... and there i dont had the problem to enter the GUI of OMV.

What could be the problem?

I have no problem to enter SSH on OMV via VPN in actually constellation - that works - just GUI Login wont work.

I apriciate any help
  • New

Greetings.

I've started constructing my build a couple of months ago.

I build it upon an old ASUS P5Q-E I had with an Intel Dual core Duo E8500 3.2Ghz, that gives me 6 + 2 x Sata II 3Gbps (the +2 is for eazy backup but with a little tempering I made a good use for the one of them) so total 7 sata II ports :D

The mobo also had ide conectors so I user an old 160GB ide HD for the omv + plex.

System has 4 GB of RAM and running fairly smooth but I'm thinking to put another 4GB.

Currently I'm running on raid 5 with 4 x WD Red NAS 4TB and in the future I'll completed with another 3 (but I need to change my 550 PSU with something bigger, maybe a corsair 750 CXi).

After setting the initial build I had the idea to buy a Dell Perc 6i Pci-e SAS Raid Controller (I can find cheap on ebay with battery and cables) so I'll have the advantage of the cache in case of.. I don't know :)

I also bought a 1500 VA UPS (with 0.6 factor so I think it will fit great with the 750 PSU).

Currently I've sorted…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

No connexion with OpenVpn

piconsio

Best silent micro ATX case?

gderf

Pinned Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

Autobot

Jdownloader

plumpro

Adding usb external HDD to mirror some folder from another hdd

mcgyver83

Recent Activities

• piconsio -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x No connexion with OpenVpn.

Hi there Same thing happens to me in OMV 4.x. TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity) TLS Error: TLS handshake failed. I am pretty sure it is a problem with the OMV pluging because I also…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Best silent micro ATX case?.

I don't have ethernet everywhere either. But this was important enough to me that I ran a cable for it.
  • Autobot -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Plugins that are wanted - Part 5.

Hello, I do not know if this is a good place to ask, but recently I installed the new OMV image for Raspberry Pi 3, and I am not able to use the OMV Extras Testing plugin. I enable the same in the options, but the plugins like couchpotato and the others…
  • plumpro -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Jdownloader.

Quote from MarcTremonti: “hey man. i have an odroid-hc2, which is arm. so i cant use the plusminus image right?could you lead me to an fitting image for my odroid? there are tons of jdownloader images in the docker repository, not sure which one is…
  • mcgyver83 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Adding usb external HDD to mirror some folder from another hdd.

Ok, many thanks ! I'm going to try something tonight. I planned also to upgrade to omv4 but I need time, I want to avoid a fresh install so I need time to read guides related to the upgrade.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

Quote from Frepke: “sometimes I use AFP ” Good luck. macOS uses UTF-8 decomposed while the rest of the world followed Windows who use UTF-8 precomposed. Using anachronistic/ancient protocols that do not take care about server and client encodings…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

Quote from Frepke: “I believe SFTP is safe for the transfered files, but I want protect my nas to be accessible for everyone on the internet ” SFTP is basically SSH. So following 'best practices' for SSH you'll achieve the same for SFTP (e.g. binding…
  • Blabla -

Liked ellnic’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Like (Post)
    The choice is entirely up to you. Both work :) Is there anything in the 4.17 change log that you need? If not, it may be better to stick on 4.16. If you just want the latest available kernel, then go for it.
  • ottoking -

Replied to the thread My OMV Build.

Nice build... btw... I would upgrade to OMV 4.x as version 3 is already out of support.
  • sam_scade -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Remote Mount plugin OK but no Share Folder ?.

Some more informations : History : I have srvbkup01 on OMV2 wich work since long time to mount 2 or 3 servers to backup tehm. In parallel to gradualy upgrade to omv4, I installed a new one srvbkup02 on omv4 we are talking about. In fact un mount same…