openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi,

I got a ZFS-Pool and my disks spindown after 10 minutes without usage. I set this up before with hd-idle when I used snapraid + mergerfs. But now I would like to set it to 30 minuts, but even if I comment the line in /etc/default/hd-idle out, the disks are send to spindown after 10 minutes.
    Since ZFS sets for every drive the same UUID, should I use this UUID once?

edit: nope, with this UUID the disks are still going down after 10 minutes...
  • New

Hello all!
    I am kind of newbie in NAS system.
    I'd like to ask some advises about installing OMV in system.
    My system is rack server where MegaRAID SAS 2280 is installed and now it has two virtual disks (32TB with raid6, 255GB with raid1).
    I installed openmediavault_4.1.3-amd64 there and got an error as the below,

error: attemp to read or write outside of disk `hd0'
    Entering rescue mode..
    grub rescue>

So, I tried to recover the grub using debian grub recovery but still failed!
    (It returned kind of error that is "The missing firmware files are : isci/isci_firmware.bin")
    Now Im wondering if my system cannot be supported by OMV (which means I cannot install OMV in my system ) or if there's any mistake I did..

I definitely need advises & helps!!!!!
    Thank you in advance ;(
  • New

Hello everybody,

I was already reading this forum since a long time without registration since I never experienced any problems with OMV on my HP N40L Microserver, but now I would need some support and I hope that somebody has an idea regarding my problem.

Since the last update from OMV 4.1.12 to OMV 4.1.13-1 I have the issue that read speed on my SAMBA shares decreased to ~45MB/sec, write speeds are ~100MB/sec like before the update.
    Before the read speed was always between 95-110 MB/sec for reads and writes.
    When I check the hardware, neither CPU, disks nor ethernet are near their limits during file reading from the shares.
    Their are no advanced setting applied at the SMB/CIFS settings page and no settings changes were done compared to before the update.

Hardware is a HP N40L Microserver with 8GB RAM.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

what is taking up so much space on the boot drive?

ryecoaaron

Raid fail : how to destroy it ?

bart70

Impossible to mount file sustem : Structure needs cleaning

ryecoaaron

The Class E Network

flmaxey

Configuration Backup

Stramm

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x what is taking up so much space on the boot drive?.

As root: du -d1 -h -x / | sort -h This will show you the folders in the root directory that are using the most space. If you want to see more in the most used folder (/var for instance), then: du -d1 -h -x /var/ | sort -h
  • ryecoaaron -

Liked bart70’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Raid fail : how to destroy it ?.

Like (Post)
    thanks a lot, it works ;) now i can restart my NAS with union filesystems as you told me on another topic
  • bart70 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid fail : how to destroy it ?.

thanks a lot, it works ;) now i can restart my NAS with union filesystems as you told me on another topic
  • Menz -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x what is taking up so much space on the boot drive?.

Thread
    i really wish i knew what was taking up the space in the OMV system drive. in windows i could use windirstat and find out what was taking up the space. is there any way to see what is taking up so much space and see if any of it is safe to delete?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Impossible to mount file sustem : Structure needs cleaning.

Looks like: fsck.ext4 -f /dev/disk/by-id/md-name-openmediavault:raid9disks mount -a
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

At the new place, the ISP's ADSL router is locked down as well. There's very little I can change but one item is turning off their Wifi (which I did). With my router behind it, I'm in control again. You know, given where I am now, I'm amazed that I…
  • OMVnewbie -

Now follows ryecoaaron.

Follow
  • OMVnewbie -

Now follows macom.

Follow
  • Stramm -

Replied to the thread Configuration Backup.

I've download the iso to my Windows box, used some tool to extract the necessary files from the container (can't remember anymore which one but I believe 7-zip will do) and edited them (if you use Notepad, make sure the encoding you save with is not…
  • ravennevar -

Replied to the thread Configuration Backup.

Quote from Stramm: “@ravennevar I'm using a newer Clonzilla version and that version doesn't use DHCP anymore but asks for an IP. The IP you can configure in a config file. Start alternative Clonezilla iso Maybe that helps. ” Thanks for the response.…