openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi,

I am having problems with my docker containers. The file permission for /etc/resolv.conf is 0600 when I deploy any image inside docker. I need to manually change the permission through command line to make it work for all users.

Anyone experiencing the same issue here? Any workaround that do not require manually changing the permission? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
  • New

Hi!

So i found this HP Probook with a very very low budget CPU and low running costs, perfect in other hand for my usage. I primarly use the server for SMB to my old retro systems with Windows 9x/2k/XP OSes.

Last week i discovered that i can install GNOME to it and it was a mistake. GNOME locked me out from access to the server (except SMB and FTP). So i re-installed OMV, didn't work to just remove GNOME still booted to it.

I have a WD Black 320 GB that i use for file. And a Seagate 80 GB for boot. But when i configurated everything again i discovered that it created a new File system directory instead of using the old one. But i know the old one is still there because i see that 20 gb is used of the drive. But i cant access the drive from prompt, just says Access denied.

Is there anyway i can access the drive and transfer the files to the new dir ?

Regards :)

SPECS:
    HP Probook 4610s
    CPU: Intel Celeron T3000 1,8 ghz
    GPU: Intel GMA 4500MHD
    RAM: 2 GB
    HDDs: WD Black 320GB, Seagate…
  • New

Afternoon all!

Quick question, is there no longer an mhddfs plugin for omv? I've seen some older threads from 2015 and 2016 discussing it, but no luck as of late. If it is no longer available, are there any solutions for someone like myself who has 13 drives connected to his/her NAS?
  • New

Hey all,

Okay so I am just wondering what way/method could I install SABnzbd via the Debian way (i.e. without OMV Extras) as I did a similar thing with Emby as I use the proper Deb package to install it to my NAS/Server but this looks a little more complex - could I simply follow the three steps listed on the SABnzbd webpage or would I have to do more such as install extras? I have attached a screenshot of what I mean. Basically I want to install SABnzbd without using OMV-Extras or Docker and from their website this seems the best route via Github?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Sonos SMB share Permissions Error with OMV4

flmaxey

Docker Plugin breaks OMV 4 RaspberryPi Image

Rutorrent in docker

flvinny521

Docker resolv.conf problem with fresh install of OMV4

Cant use old file Dir from old install

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sonos SMB share Permissions Error with OMV4.

It's the lure of easy money, it has a very strong appeal. If you have more than one user, your music share should be read only in any case. Just make sure your router is not forwarding ports into your LAN. If you're not exposing servers to the net,…
  • Aussie3d -

Fair point, about ransomware and unfortunately all to valid... But I can help feel sad :/ for the future of humanity if I need to implement commercial grade firewalls and backup my backups to protect my music library from highly sophisticated malicious…
  • flmaxey -

Hacks might not learn anything about you, but note that Wcry was ransomware. It encrypted user data. The original virus asked for payment, in exchange for a key, or user data was lost to permanent encryption. NTLM equates to NTLM ver1. To get an idea…
  • Aussie3d -

Yeah, Its a bit of an interesting one with respect to SONOS, the reason for SMB shares with sonos is all about connecting to NAS storage of personal music collections. Unfortunately Sonos don't seem to think looking after people whom want to own their…
  • flvinny521 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rutorrent in docker.

Nah, OMV 3 or 4 shouldn't make a difference here. If you want changes to be persistent between container restarts, you should change the settings in the rtorrent.rc file located in your config folder rather than changing the settings from within…
  • ghiiom -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Docker resolv.conf problem with fresh install of OMV4.

Thread
    Hi, I am having problems with my docker containers. The file permission for /etc/resolv.conf is 0600 when I deploy any image inside docker. I need to manually change the permission through command line to make it work for all users. Anyone experiencing…
  • KvackEvolution -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Cant use old file Dir from old install.

Thread
    Hi! So i found this HP Probook with a very very low budget CPU and low running costs, perfect in other hand for my usage. I primarly use the server for SMB to my old retro systems with Windows 9x/2k/XP OSes. Last week i discovered that i can install…
  • FrankRizz0 -

Replied to the thread mhddfs plugin.

Apparently I am making this a LOT harder than it needs to be. So I already have mhddfs installed on my NAS box, and it's also configured, edited fstab, etc. I assumed that the mhddfs plugin recognized the mhddfs partition I had made. I figured out the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from FrankRizz0: “I'm quite happy with mhddfs , it does exactly what I need it to do ” And mergerfs will continue that. Here is a snippet from the mergerfs wiki Why use mergerfs over mhddfs? mhddfs is no longer maintained and has some known…
  • FrankRizz0 -

Thanks for the reply mate. I'm quite happy with mhddfs , it does exactly what I need it to do (plus I really don't feel like learning about another package, editing my fstab, etc.). If it is available still, do I need to add a repo? I did do a search…