openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

HI everyone!
    I just got this message from my NAS:

Source Code

1. SMART error (FailedOpenDevice) detected on host: delibird on the Mon, 19 Nov 2018 18:18:52 +0100 (CET)
    2. This message was generated by the smartd daemon running on:
    3. host name: delibird DNS domain: local
    4. The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon:
    5. Device: /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST6000VN0041-2EL11C_ZA18QXJY [SAT], unable to open device
    6. Device info:ST6000VN0041-2EL11C, S/N:ZA18QXJY, WWN:5-000c50-0a43fe8bf, FW:SC61, 6.00 TB
    7. For details see host's SYSLOG.
    Display All
  • New

I’m looking for a reasonable priced PCI-E USB 3.0 card that has a 19-pin header so I can also hook up my USB 3.0 ports that are on the front of my NAS case. I found a bunch on Newegg that are between $16 - $30 but don’t know which ones OMV would support or have drivers for.

Anyone know of any supported cards as I wouldn’t want to buy one to find out it doesn’t work with OMV.

Thanks.
  • New

Hello,

I crashed my previous 4.x installation after removing automaticaly "unused" component.

I just get the latest one V4.1.7 and I always have the same trouble when I run apt-get update.
    I only configure some users and shares

Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xb6323660>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xb6323660>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    I have also this error

The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/kyle1117/ppa/ubuntu cosmic InRelease' is not signed.

What are these errors ?

How to solve them ?

Thank you.
  • New

Hi all, i am using Openmediavault for a time now, and i have to reboot it to much ( like > every day )

I running OMV on a Raspberry pi with a 1TB external hard disk ( laptop disk )

I want to use it with my Phone's ( android ) and windows SAMBA.

When i want to transfer big files to the OMV it hangs after a while and the only sollution is restart.

I am tired of resetting it, and restart it and dont be able to transfer big files.

I am out of option, thats why i ask you guys for help.

I dont know allot of these things so i hope you can help me out and find out whats wrong with my setup.

Thx and greetings.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?

Blabla

Every day crashes that i cant find

Deven1981

Error when I try apt-get update on Odroid-XU4

MerAnges

Buffer I/O error on ZFS disk

Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?

Bonecracker

Recent Activities

• Blabla -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

HI everyone! I just got this message from my NAS: Source Code (13 lines) I immediately checked and I found this log: Buffer I/O error on dev sda, logic block 1465130324, async page read How can I solve it?! Is my HDD going to die or is just a…
  • Deven1981 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Every day crashes that i cant find.

its a 5V usb drive ( small external laptop drive )
  • MerAnges -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error when I try apt-get update on Odroid-XU4.

Ok thank you for your answers. I update my OMV using armbian-config and the first problem seems to be fixed. For the second, I don't install any source. I don't know how this one has appeared. I'll look for the /etc/sources.list file
  • Blabla -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Buffer I/O error on ZFS disk.

Thread
    HI everyone! I just got this message from my NAS: Source Code (11 lines) I immediately checked and I found this log: Buffer I/O error on dev sda, logic block 1465130324, async page read How can I solve it?! Is my HDD going to die?!
  • Bonecracker -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?.

You can try to use the script, i provided a few posts above. Works great for me.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error when I try apt-get update on Odroid-XU4.

Quote from MerAnges: “What are these errors ? ” The first one if you search the forum there is a solution to remove it, but it's not a problem. The second is a ppa that's been added not omv related, check your /etc/sources.list
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Oh, I meant to add in the previous post, can you keep the sleet over there, forecast for tomorrow is sleet! that means everything could grind to a halt, an 1" of snow and the UK can be in chaos :D Quote from flmaxey: “Pi-hole is offered as a package…
  • ilsalgo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?.

Have anyone a solution for have openVPN work on openmediavault 4? I have use this istruction but nothing work...
  • flmaxey -

Thomas Crapper's... I was looking forward to being able to do a simple Pi-hole update in the admin page, retaining settings, etc., versus the Docker route where container setup most be spot perfect. I hope they've resolved this and odds are they have. …
  • geaves -

Sorry looking back at that post it sounds confusing, I've only got one dhcp running (on the main omv) lease time is one day and this uses the current Docker pi-hole. But due to the satellite stuff, I'll need to reduce the lease time so that when/if I…