The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

EspressoBin and 4 Port SATA Marvel 88SE9215 Card

System Memory Upgrade

MergerFS/SMB upload and move file fails

Error using Remote Mount

Recent Activities

• fredall -

Replied to the thread EspressoBin and 4 Port SATA Marvel 88SE9215 Card.

hello I am looking for a similar configurations. Expression + sata minipcie controller with 4 sata ports. I have checked board with marvel 88se9215 chip but found those don't support raid. Is that function critical ? Any alternative board with raid…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Update System Memory Upgrade.

The OMV installer does not always create a swap partition that is twice the size of RAM. On my original OMV 2.x install onto a 16GB SSD in a box with 16GB of RAM, the resulting swap partition was 4GB. I immediately commented out swap in fstab and…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) ZFS + LUKS.

The pr has been merged but distros haven’t pushed packages at least not Debian. You can try an build your own zfs packages. The plugin of course doesn’t have support for decrypting this. Takes a while to load the…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Resolved Error using Remote Mount.

Because is actually a remote fs. So in this case the plugin uses omv fs backend. You can change the line, it won’t get changed at reboot but it will get changed on any fstab actions in the webui, they includes filesystems, unionfs plugin, nfs and…
  • 1uke_ -

Replied to the thread How can I back up my system disk?.

Thank you for the advice, I have gone ahead an installed the openmediavault-backup plugin. I can now see the image below, but I am not sure what to do next. There are a number of tabs at the top and when I click in to each one a number of options.…
  • noiro -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread core-plugin [How to] Install Pi-Hole in Docker: Update - 01/09/18.

Like (Post)
    Pi-Hole is a network wide ad blocker which, also, provides protection from malware sites for the users of your LAN. It functions as a DNS proxy where, by blocking name requests to known malware and advertising sites, network security and the client…
  • JohnR -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Update System Memory Upgrade.

So a couple of points here. 1) If "The OMV installer automatically creates a swap partition that is two times the amount of RAM that your system has", then logically you would want to change said swap partition to match your memory upgrade. And yes, very…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 Openmediavault-remotedesktop.

When you try to install, do you get an error message? What does it say?
  • @nduliu -

Posted the thread OMV 0.4 Openmediavault-remotedesktop.

Buenos días En la versión OMV3.X openmediavault-remotedesktop funcionó sin problemas, al actualizar a OMV4.X ya no funciona. Después de eliminar, no he podido instalarlo. Salud. Good MorningIn the version OMV3.X openmediavault-remotedesktop worked…
  • exyu74 -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Secure OMV 3 with the firewall.

Like (Post)
    Is your OMV machine directly connected to the internet and does it have a routable public IP address? If not there is not much point to using OMV's firewall.