My NAS future build – some questions also

adi_tca

Guide to OMV 4 Active Directory Integration

Cloggs

Pagination

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• rsrsrs -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x changing / switching the boot drive from USB Stick to USB > adapter > SSD.

if you own a HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 never throw away your last VGA Cable (and Monitor with VGA input)
  • Flaschie -

Liked hoppel118’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Update WARNING: Do NOT ubgrade to Kernel 4.16 if you use ZFS.

Like (Post)
    Hi, today I updated to the latest kernel 4.19 in debian backports: Source Code (2 lines) zfs 0.7.12 was already installed: Source Code (6 lines) Everything seems to work as expected so far. Regards Hoppel
  • adi_tca -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x My NAS future build – some questions also.

1st of all, thanks for sharing your thoughts @KM0201. Regarding the motherboard, indeed, I did chose a Gigabyte one based on my past experience with products from these guys. I filtered the motherboards in my search by the number of SATA III ports,…
  • Cloggs -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Guide to OMV 4 Active Directory Integration.

Just to update, as you said "plain site"....it turns out that after a, um, reboot I've now got all users and groups showing in the backend. When I connect to a share, can't seem to authenticate with a known working username and password, but that could…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pagination.

Quote from psilva: “How can one request new features? ” github.com/OpenMediaVault/openmediavault/issues Quote from psilva: “Like being able to change the number of items in each page or a search bar main panel for searching a specific user or group or…
  • Mondi_86 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox no vnc, mouse or keyboard access on new vm install.

Hallo Zusammen / Hello Together. I´m new here but i think we will write more times together. I Will try to write English as its not so good but i will try. So i have the same Problem as in this Thread but i don´t want to use RDP. I want to use VNC…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x My NAS future build – some questions also.

I can't answer your question on the SSD boot (I can't really understand why it's not booting either from your post)... Is Secure Boot enabled? Is there a way to disable it in the BIOS. I want to comment on your motherboard. I'm a big fan of Gigabyte…
  • psilva -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pagination.

ryecoaaron, thanks for the answer. How can one request new features? Like being able to change the number of items in each page or a search bar main panel for searching a specific user or group or share if you have many. I don't know if these are to…
  • decantur -

Liked liquid7’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Unable to boot after installation (Dropping to a shell!).

Like (Post)
    Quote from liquid7: “Quote from Blubmann: “I boot in live linux und change the mount point from sda1 to sde1 in my case. But I think the best practice is to use the uuid, because this is unique” Thanks, I'll try this. Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS…
  • flvinny521 -

Replied to the thread MergerFS pool becomes corrupted for an unknown reason.

@trapexit I played around in the terminal trying to figure out a command that would cause an error and had no luck. Moves, copies, unpacking, etc. all worked fine, and the issues continued to be experienced only within Docker containers. For the…