openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

The title says it all. My motherboard has dual 1 gbps ethernet ports and my cables are more then capable of running at that speed, but my issue is Openmediavault only runs at 100mbps. It's deathly important for it to run at gigabit speeds seeing as I edit all my work videos from the box and can not move to a local copy on my workstation. Thank you.

i.imgur.com/e9DijWw.png

There's the specs if that helps.
  • New

Hello to all,

I would like to get the opinion especially from guys in that working on the development. From time to time I use the console to do some tasks that either the GUI don't have or works little different that I expect. Right now I'm using the root user but it is quite known that it is not a good practice but.... we are talking about openmediavault and not a pure linux system
    So I would like to ask if it worth/good etc. to continue use root or it is better to create a user and when it is needed invoke sudo.
  • New

Leider brachte die Suche im Forum keine für mich verwertbaren Ergebnisse, daher versuche ich es hier mal mit meinem Problem:

Vor dem Update auf die aktuelle OMV-Version 4.1.6 (Arrakis) unter der alten 3er-Version lief das Autoshutdown-PlugIn anstandslos. Auch das Upgrade von der 3er Version auf die 4er Version lässt (von ein paar anderen Fehlern abgesehen) das NAS automatisch runterfahren.

Meine zweite SSD mit einer kompletten Neuinstallation (kein Upgrade von 3 auf 4) scheitert jedoch am automatischen Herunterfahren, obgleich das Autoshutdown-PlugIn exakt gleich konfiguriert wurde.

Ich würde das NAS gerne mit der "cleanen" Neusinstallation weiterbetreiben aber eben auch automatisch abschalten können. Wer kann mit bestem Dank im Voraus helfen?

Autoshutdown-Version: 4.0.3
    OMV 4.1.6 (Arrakis)
    Kernel: Linux 4.16.0-0.bpo.1-amd64
    Debian GNU/Linux 9.4 (stretch)

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

problems installing OMV within Hyper-V 2016

subzero79

OMV VirtualBox 4.1 - "Advanced configuration" switch doesn't work!

flmaxey

[Plugin test] openmediavault-luksencryption v2

subzero79

OpenMediaVault connection stuck at 100mbps?

openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

TenaciousD

Recent Activities