new SoC for NAS OMV 4.x

macom

After a reboot i lost my eth0

elastic

What should I use for a boot drives?

Adoby

Recent Activities

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread Why is my HDD waking up?.

Again, are there some files accessed in /sharedfolders, that may cause the drive to spin up? If there are, them some plugin/script/setting is causing that. Check crontab, anything strange there? The program sync is commonly used in timed scripts and…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x hdd shows in disks but not in file systems.

Quote from brijenjas: “So i will transfer the data off and do a secure wipe thanks ” Already done? There might be an easier way.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread new SoC for NAS OMV 4.x.

Quote from EnergizerN: “but i thought, these 1-2 year old thread have changed in the last months ” Right, last posts are from Feb 2019
  • elastic -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x After a reboot i lost my eth0.

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread What should I use for a boot drives?.

Automatic backups are a nice recipe for catastrophic failure. I know first hand! Better might be quick and easy manual methods that automatically verify or even guarantee that the backup is good. For instance clone the USB drive after reconfiguring…
  • FabrizioMaurizio -

Replied to the thread Why is my HDD waking up?.

Sorry for bothering you guys again but I'm still having this issue :( . This time with smb deactivated. iosnoop shows that this caused by "sync". Any idea what could it be? Source Code (6 lines)
  • silk186 -

Replied to the thread What should I use for a boot drives?.

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Quote from silk186: “What is the best way to backup the OS drive? Can I automate it to make a back-up once a day? ” There are several threads here regarding this topic. To use the forum search is always a good choice ;) See here:
  • silk186 -

Liked cabrio_leo’s post in the thread What should I use for a boot drives?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from silk186: “What is the best way to backup the OS drive? Can I automate it to make a back-up once a day? ” There are several threads here regarding this topic. To use the forum search is always a good choice ;) See here: Simplifying The OMV
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from audiodandy: “I have an Olimex A20-OLinuXino-LIME2 board (eMMC) I'm willing to help with testing ” There's nothing to test. A20-Lime2 is one of the best ARM server boards possible though rather slow in the meantime. In the past I provided an…