openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi guys:

I purchased an Odroid HC-1 a couple of months ago and am finally trying to get it set up. I must warn you I am a complete Linux noob and know very little about the opperating system. So, treat me gently. I have also searched this and a dozen other forums and infomation on this little beast seems scarcer than hens teeth.

I have a 16GB SD card, which I formatted and loaded the latest OMV build for the HC-1, OMV_3_0_92_Odroidxu4_4.9.61.img.xz using Etcher.

All seems to have went well, but using Angry IP scanner I cannot see the HC-1 on my network. I have reburned the image a couple of times, but still no success. I have also rebooted the HC-1 by unplugging the power for several minutes with no effect. I waited more than the recommended 15 minutes for the image to load on the HC-1 before trying a scan.

I have the HC-1 plugged into my network vi a 1GB switch. Neither my router or Angry IP see the device.

Any suggestions?
  • New

My logic - I want as little stress as possible on my media drive, and downloading can be handled by a Download drive (I set up a separate partition on OMV boot drive). So my question is, is it best practice to have a separate drive to handle the downloading like I have set up? Then have Sab move it to a unzipping folder that is on my media drive then allow radarr/sonarr to do the rest?

What are the best practices or am I overthinking it? Do y'all simply have your media HD do the downloading etc?
  • New

I have OMV installed as VM on ESXI. The VM has system Disk and Data disk. Data Disk was granted 100 Gb. Now i want to expand it to 200 Gb. I have turned off OMV VM, extended disk in VMware console. Now in Physical Disks menu i can see that disk is 200 Gb, But in File Systems it is still 100 Gb. What is the correct way to extend this partition?

Thanks!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Puttygen - Key acces - Problem creating the .ssh folder in Debian. OMV.

patvaloche

Webdav port

Swampy

SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders

subzero79

omv 3 only seeing 4 gigs ram

mikebetz42

Best Practices of downloading then moving - Separate drives?

stevedawg85

Recent Activities

• Symbiot -

Liked trapexit’s post in the thread OMV 3.x mergerfs.balance doesn't work.

Like (Post)
    Sure. I'll add it.
  • patvaloche -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Puttygen - Key acces - Problem creating the .ssh folder in Debian. OMV..

Please do some checks of your configuration: #1# /etc/ssh/sshd_config file: RSAAuthentication yes PubkeyAuthentication yes #2# if you want to specifically use just keys for root login change PermitRootLogin line to: PermitRootLogin without-password
  • Swampy -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Webdav port.

If two different NAS devices on a single local network are both being used as WebDAV servers, how does one set up the ports?
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders.

You can then run manually smbd -F -d 3 -S Let’s see if some error comes
  • mikebetz42 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved omv 3 only seeing 4 gigs ram.

Mine sees the 32gb I have... If you have "on board video", your ram could be set up to be shared to that. If so, you should be able to change the settings in BIOS to a lower amount. forum.openmediavault.org/index…c26643bdf4db126bf5ddbafee
  • stevedawg85 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Best Practices of downloading then moving - Separate drives?.

hmmm, thanks. Here I was thinking scheduling shutdown and bootup times to help the Drives. Its on 24/7 at the moment, maybe I'll leave that part of it alone. Thanks for the info, I'll keep this in mind!
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) "Missing" RAID filesystem.

Quote from donh: “Is that why the man page of blkid recommends using lsblk instead? ” Please read the man page more exactly. There is nothing mentioned that blkid does not working as expected. The output of blkid is exactly what is needed, because it…
  • votdev -

• donh -

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Best Practices of downloading then moving - Separate drives?.

With your connection to the the Internet being the bottleneck, "downloading" doesn't represent enough I/O to stress a hard drive. Adding to that, coping from host to host on your LAN or streaming media couldn't stress a hard drive either. (While…