openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi there,

I had an install from OMV 3 and have the ZFS add ons running just fine.

After a reboot, I do not have any access anymore to the web gui, ssh in and ran update and upgrade omv-init (I think it was) and rebooted with no success for the web gui. My Plex install runs just fine and I can reach the web gui from plex, but no chance for the OMV web interface.

Help ;(
  • New

Hello,

I'm using Virtualbox (installed via extensions) since around three weeks and it's running great (I'm running all the latest updates). Under phpVirtualbox it shows that Virtualbox 5.1.14 is installed.

Today, when I pushed the update button it showed the "Virtualbox-ext-pack-installer 5.1.14" and when I ticked to install I got the following error message:

I looks like the Installer needs Virtualbox 5.1.26 or higher. But the latest VBox is 5.1.14. How can this issue be solved?

Thanks in advance
  • New

Hello,

I have been looking at how to implement a smb / nfs cluster. For this I have a number of NAS units which deliver NFS or SMB/CIFS. What I need is to mount those drives and be able to provide a single mount point as a service, with fault tolerance somewhat similar to the windows DFS. Is there a way to achieve this with OMV ? ?(
    If I am asking about something already talked about I appreciate that I put the link and deactivate the thread.

regards

Alex

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Virtualbox-ext-pack-installer 5.1.14 error when I try to install

Skaronator

OMV 3 on UEFI

dirkme

disable mdadm when no raid used

flmaxey

[solved] No web gui after reboot

dirkme

Increased disk usage

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• Skaronator -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Virtualbox-ext-pack-installer 5.1.14 error when I try to install.

Got the same issue, here is the cache policy: Source Code (33 lines)
  • dirkme -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV 3 on UEFI.

Thanks a lot yecoaaron you are a Super Star, will do it tomorrow, already in the dog house from my wife ;) Will update my success.
  • dirkme -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 3.x OMV 3 on UEFI.

Like (Post)
    Quote from dirkme: “Would "Debian-firmware-8.6.0-amd64-netinst.iso" be OK as install medium? ” I would use a newer release like 8.9 - look here - cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/ Source Code (6 lines)
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x disable mdadm when no raid used.

Quote from gwaitsi: “I only use single disks backed up with rsync after a very bad raid experience. ” It's good that you learned the lesson, albeit the hard way. (My regrets for that.) Beyond the immediate problems presented by a complete array…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from dirkme: “Would "Debian-firmware-8.6.0-amd64-netinst.iso" be OK as install medium? ” I would use a newer release like 8.9 - look here - cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/ Source Code (6 lines)
  • dirkme -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from dirkme: “would that still work with Debian 9 (stable)? ” No. OMV 3.x only works on Debian 8 Jessie. You should be able to install Jessie on efi though ” Would "Debian-firmware-8.6.0-amd64-netinst.iso" be OK as install…
  • dirkme -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x [solved] No web gui after reboot.

Thank you so much Wolf2000 you are a Super star, that fixed it, sigh, don't tell anyone :)
  • dirkme -

Liked Wolf2000’s post in the thread OMV 3.x [solved] No web gui after reboot.

Like (Post)
    Hi Empty the browser Cache.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Increased disk usage.

Quote from geaves: “This might give you some insigh ” This is what the plugin does and it doesn't seem to work.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 2.x -> 3.x webgui problems aufter upgrade from 2.2.6 to 3.0.84.

Try a different browser? Post a screenshot of what you are seeing. Also, post the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm