openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pinned Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

soerenderfor

How can I Mirror a Drive Without RAID

flmaxey

Download old RP3 OMV images

flmaxey

Unable to connect

FrankRizz0

Permission / user issues and syncthing/plex

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• soerenderfor -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from soerenderfor: “Nothing on the screen if i connect to the tinker board. ” Thanks for the report. Last try: I created another OMV image, this time with mainline (Armbian next branch) instead of Rockchip's 4.4 LTS…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How can I Mirror a Drive Without RAID.

Quote from macom: “\---\ I never managed to get a notification for a finished rsync job. Is this actually working for you? ” Yeah - it works for me. Here's an E-mail example: (There's no files list because the disks are up to date. Otherwise, it…
  • David B -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x MySQL Cron Job Error.

Like (Post)
    Quote from David B: “Out of curiosity, have you found a solution to this? ” Nope, I have been sitting on a beach for the last week :)
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Download old RP3 OMV images.

Quote from tkaiser: “Better remove the link since my last OMV 3 image for RPi is also the first that will boot on a RPi 3B+ (that's due to the fact those Raspberry Pi are no normal ARM SBC but proprietary VideoCore SBC with some lousy integrated ARM…
  • FrankRizz0 -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread Unable to connect.

Like (Post)
    Since your Gentoo box didn't find the share(s), something might be wrong with your shared folder or SMB share. **And note there are numerous guides out there that skip relevant details. Between what they say to do and what you may have done, at best,…
  • FrankRizz0 -

Replied to the thread Unable to connect.

Thanks mate, your response is much appreciated. I'll give that a look tomorrow since I'm extremely hung over today. I do think you're correct, I'm pretty sure the shared folder is giving me the error. I'll update this thread once I figure out the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Permission / user issues and syncthing/plex.

Quote from GTvert90: “DIdn't work. Still have to change permission on the file to give others read access ” Then the files aren't owned by the users group. You should add the plex user to whatever group owns the files.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update RPI dependency issues with latest php7.0 7.0.30-0+deb9u1 (and their dependent packages).

I guess I will have to find an rpi. Quote from cskrat: “This is... ugly but seems to have worked. ” That is fine too. You are just overriding the pinning by specifying all the dependencies.
  • utamav -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved How to restore from backup.

Like (Post)
    Quote from utamav: “I don't see fsarchive on OMV 4.x. After installing the extra's for OMV 4.x, I only see OPENMEDIAVAULT-BACKUP 3.11. I am missing anything? I am planning to setting up a new server and want to be plan it better than my current setup.…
  • GTvert90 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Permission / user issues and syncthing/plex.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “sudo usermod -a -G users plex should work ” DIdn't work. Still have to change permission on the file to give others read access