The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

Hello. I'm going to be converting my current setup to ZFS in the very near future. Is it possible to use LUKS in conjunction with ZFS? I'm currently running 3 drives in spanning mode, so I'm going to add an additional 5 drives and set those five up with ZFS Raid-Z2. Then I'll migrate my data with rsync or something and once that process completes, wipe the 3 drives running in spanning and add them to the ZFS pool. Will this work? I'll be using (8) 8TB drives in total for this setup.
  • New

Hello everybody,

I am just playing around with OMV4.x in a VM (Virtualbox) just to be pepared when Stone burner runs out of service.
    But still are having problems with 'Remote Mount' and CIFS mount from the Web Gui. All I get is this error:

This is the result in fstab from the 'Remote Mount' plugin:

//192.168. xx.yy/music /srv/b188a175-7634-4c38-83a2-368157dda178 cifs credentials=/root/.cifscredentials-574c0bad-b735-452e-97e5-2c239fee2cfb,_netdev,iocharset=utf8 0 0

Just as a reference, I did the same with a virtual OMV2.x Installation and this works well under same condition.
    The share itself comes from a living OMV-baremetal server. Settings are ok, also same user name and password.
    Why is it telling Host is down? The Host is up and working!

Where is the (or my) error?

Why is there no option in the 'Remote Mount' to choose the 'Shared Folder', like in the old 'Remote Shares' plugin?
    There are only options for 'Server', 'Share', 'user name' and 'password' for the server, but…
  • New

Hey there. So, I finally got my hands on original Banana Pi M1. The only reason I bought it was to build cheap NAS solution to sit on my shelf. But I have one "big" problem. Upload and also download speeds are quite slow. I can't get it over 11 MB/s. What have I done wrong?
    My current setup is OMV on 8Gb SD and 8Gb flash drive for testing (as the storage).

Thank you for anything.
    P.S.: Also, just to be able to see the device in windows, I had to enable SMB1 something (just ran 2 commands and restart PC). Idk if it makes any difference.
  • New

I got this error message after access on OMV control panel via GUI: 'Failed to execute XPath query '//services/tftp'.'
    Details of the error message:

Source Code

1. exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '//services/tftp'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/
    2. Stack trace:
    3. #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/ OMV\Config\Database->get('')
    4. #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/ OMVModuleTftp->getStatus()
    5. #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)
    6. #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/ call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    7. #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/ OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus',

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

I can no longer access AFP after ufw rules

No Network Device, No IP, No eth0 Troubleshoot

Can't see other HDDs to configure folders in Sabnzbd

[Solved] OpenMediaVault is incompatible with Raspberry PI 3B+?

Recent Activities