openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

2 issues after installing OMV on HC1

Sharing folders/files over internet

tkaiser

How to set OMV to boot Clonezilla once via Shell?

KOENICH

Autosuspend mode, possible?

raven66

Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?

ArmandH

Recent Activities

• newbieHC1HC2 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x 2 issues after installing OMV on HC1.

Thread
    1) followed a video. step by step. saw the device on router list. 2) COULD NOT see storage by any computer on the network. (1 hardwired to router) other 1 is wifi. (3 - wifi channels. but I figured it should be seen by all 3 channels since HC1 is…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

Quote from Mr.Grape: “And I'm not really convinced if smb / nfs pushed over the internet is the best idea ” SMB and NFS performance 'over the internet' is horribly low due to high round-trip times. But it's still the very same problem: setup fileserver
  • Mr.Grape -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

Quote from Frepke: “Thanks @TheLostSwede, @tkaiser and @Mr.Grape, VPN access it's gonna be. And running Docker was just info for when this info was useful :) kr., Patrick ” VPN here will only do one layer. You still need another layer to share…
  • newbieHC1HC2 -

Wrote a comment on macom’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Thx Macom!!!! Got it installed and on network. Can see it by Router. Cannot see it by other computers. I went by a video, step by step. Computers can see each other. THen I went back to login as ADMIN. I created so many users/passwords. I FORGOT…
  • KOENICH -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 3.x How to set OMV to boot Clonezilla once via Shell?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from KOENICH: “omv-grubiso does not sem to exist on my OMV installation ” I didn't notice you were using OMV 3.x. omv-mkconf omvextras rebootcz
  • KOENICH -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x How to set OMV to boot Clonezilla once via Shell?.

Sorry for the late reply. But thanks a lot, ryecoaaron - that did the trick. :)
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread Autosuspend mode, possible?.

I cannot set it up properly. All settings are rather correct, but Autoshutdown is not shutting down server. The problem is, that when desktop PC (Windows 10) connects to SMB share and then this PC is poweroff, there is a residue, which keeps OMV…
  • ArmandH -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

@ellnic i solved it by running first apt install -t stretch-backports linux-compiler-gcc-6-x86 after that i could install headers apt install linux-headers-$(uname -r) and when that was ready the zfs plugin could be installed.
  • nghiacc -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Thanks. I checked the SSH was enable, but didn't notice the Permit root login has to be enabled as well. It works now.
  • nghiacc -

Liked macom’s post in the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Like (Post)
    From the notes from the download page: - SSH keys are regenerated on first boot but SSH login has to be enabled in web UI prior to usage: Services --> SSH --> Permit root login