Adoby

openmediavault-letsencrypt

Gerald

No boot by USB

allwan

Your proven iptables rules for Docker

Recent Activities

• silk186 -

Liked cabrio_leo’s post in the thread What should I use for a boot drives?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from silk186: “What is the best way to backup the OS drive? Can I automate it to make a back-up once a day? ” There are several threads here regarding this topic. To use the forum search is always a good choice ;) See here: Simplifying The OMV
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from audiodandy: “I have an Olimex A20-OLinuXino-LIME2 board (eMMC) I'm willing to help with testing ” There's nothing to test. A20-Lime2 is one of the best ARM server boards possible though rather slow in the meantime. In the past I provided an…
  • audiodandy -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

I have an Olimex A20-OLinuXino-LIME2 board (eMMC) I'm willing to help with testing the advantage of this board it has a SATA port, and ofcourse it's open hardware so the availability of the board is very good
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread What should I use for a boot drives?.

If you really need to backup the OS drive every day you are doing something seriously wrong and your thoughts about using flash memory for the OS can be scrapped. Then you need a SSD. On the root filesystem I ONLY have apps and configuration. No, or at…
  • cabrio_leo -

Quote from silk186: “What is the best way to backup the OS drive? Can I automate it to make a back-up once a day? ” There are several threads here regarding this topic. To use the forum search is always a good choice ;) See here: Simplifying The OMV
  • silk186 -

That sounds good. I have two SanDisk Ultra Fit 32GB drives. I recently discovered the internal USB port so I can plug the thumb drive in and plug in the SD card to make a backup of the thumb drive I think? What is the best way to backup the OS…
  • silk186 -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread What should I use for a boot drives?.

Like (Post)
    You can use either. But it might be best to use something that is easy to handle and easy to replace. And easy to have at least one spare for. In your place I'd go for USB thumbdrive. You can easily get another and clone them using any PC. But if you…
  • Gerald -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x openmediavault-letsencrypt.

I would like to point out that I have the same problem like riff-raff and I am using OMV 4.0 as well for some time. I described my problem a few posts above - maybe my explanation had too much details and was therefore confusing ... Result is the same:…
  • allwan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x No boot by USB.

• votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x No boot by USB.

The package was not installed. Make the install instruction a one liner, then it should work.