openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pi-hole in doker network problem

tkaiser

Daily Cron e-mail from openmediavault-check_locked_us​ers ?

tkaiser

Boot issues on Intel SS4200-E

New omv-theme changer based on Wolf2000Pi/omv-theme

syrusstk

Nextcloud, your personal cloud server, GNU nano blank page

riff-raff

Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Pi-hole in doker network problem.

Quote from Nefertiti: “folder2ram 489M 203M 287M 42% /var/log ” I guess you rebooted in the meantime since last time /var/log/ was filled with 331M which is way too much (folder2ram uses uncompressed RAM -- something @ryecoaaron might look into…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Daily Cron e-mail from openmediavault-check_locked_users ?.

Quote from votdev: “Really, i thought this is done by the plugin, otherwise it seems to be useless to me ” The plugin syncs the changes back to disk at shutdown. And that's usual operation mode not just for OMV but for any server. If you allow sudden…
  • Nefertiti -

Quote from tkaiser: “@Nefertiti: can you please provide the output from these two commands: Source Code (2 lines) on your device? I'm preparing a thread to discuss necessary changes in the way OMV interacts with the basic Armbian system your currently…
  • Spamez -

Posted the thread Boot issues on Intel SS4200-E.

Thread
    I have an old Intel SS4200-E, I switched the CPU from a celeron 1.6ghz to 1.8ghz and upgraded to 2GB DDR2 RAM. I removed the IDE DOM because the default software was outdated and I couldn’t get it to update. I then installed OpenMediaVault on a 32GB…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Daily Cron e-mail from openmediavault-check_locked_users ?.

Quote from tkaiser: “And yes, you're right that the flashmemory plugin has some room for improvements but it's described here in the forum how you could set up an hourly cron job that syncs back to disk (please use the search function). ” Really, i…
  • happyreacer -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Docker GUI plugin now stable.

Like (Post)
    Quote from hoppel118: “In my opinion the docker plugin should get integrated to omv ” It is integrated. Being a plugin doesn't make it any less integrated. I also am quite sure Volker would not want to maintain it. Quote from hoppel118: “with…
  • syrusstk -

Replied to the thread New omv-theme changer based on Wolf2000Pi/omv-theme.

I know the UI is not that important for the OMV team and why should it be because the primary goal is to have a simple UI that works unlike others, but this is a task for the community to work on not the OMV devs (can't wait for v5). Now the thing is I…
  • tkaiser -

@Nefertiti: can you please provide the output from these two commands: Source Code (2 lines)on your device? I'm preparing a thread to discuss necessary changes in the way OMV interacts with the basic Armbian system your currently using and am about to…
  • riff-raff -

Replied to the thread Nextcloud, your personal cloud server, GNU nano blank page.

Check the permissions of your nextcloud folder.
  • eskimos2000 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Error during packages update.

It was enable problem I reckon as I rebooted odroid and magically it is working. Thx for your time. OMV seems to be very well made and powerful nas system, i am just beginning to explore but look impressive. Btw how long sdcard can last as op system ?…