openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hallo,

ich habe unter OMV 3.0.99 ein raid1 mit Datenträgerbezeichnung data.
    Ich habe jetzt zusätzich ein raid5 angelegt und kann diesem die selbe Bezeichnung data geben?!
    Wider jede Vernunft hab ich das mal probiert (weil das raid5 das raid1 ersetzen soll), hat aber fast in einer Katastrophe geendet!
    Die Freigaben werden nicht mehr richtig zugeordnet, muss von Hand wieder korrigiert werden.

Sollte beim Anlegen eines neuen Datenträgers nicht geprüft werden, ob es die Bezeichnung schon gibt?
    Bei den Freigaben wird das ja auch vom System geprüft.

LG

A.
  • New

Hallo Leute,

ich habe eine NAS mit OpenMediaVault und folgendem Gehäuse:

mindfactory.de/product_info.ph…teil-schwarz_1019788.html

Einschübe: 3x 2.5 Zoll und 3x 3.5 Zoll

Ich kann auch hingehen und zwei 3.5 Zoll HDDs und zwei 2.5 Zoll HDDs verbauen.

Aktuell habe ich zwei 4TB HDDs von WD drin und eine 128GB SSD.

Ich möchte allerdings von RAID 1 weg und demnach eine weitere HDD einbauen.
    Allerdings hätte ich nur Platz für eine 2.5 Zoll HDD.
    Diese HDDs sind aber deutlich teurer als 3.5 Zoll.
    Es macht ja nur Sinn wieder eine 4TB HDD zu nehmen oder?
    Ich hatte auch überlegt zu einer 2TB HDD zu greifen und die übrigen 4 TB (synology.com/de-de/support/RAI…hdds=4%20TB|4%20TB|2%20TB) für Virtuelle Machine wie Windows 10 zu nutzen auf der NAS.
    Was meint ihr?
    Oder macht es Sinn einfach eine 3.5 Zoll HDD mit 4 TB einzubauen den Bums auf Raid 5 zu setzen und das OS über einen USB Stick, weil 128 GB fürs OS eh zu viel sind?

Was empfiehlt ihr mir?

• New

I am not able to create a USB stick that is recognized by the BIOS and bootable. I tried Unetbootin, the terminal command dd and also mkusb. I tried several USB sticks and tested for recognition by the BIOS on a Shuttle Barebone PC and also an ASUS laptop, both with Linux 18.04 on them. Both are not able to recognise the USB as bootable, or if recognised, trying to boot from the USB results in the BIOS startup menu just re-appearing.

I was successfull creating a bootable USB with clonezilla to check whether my laptop has a problem with recognizing USB sticks in general, which is obviously not the case.

Creating the clonezilla USB involved special commands for making the USB bootable (here).

I especially wonder why copying the .iso from here with dd to /dev/sda (without partition number) and /dev/sda1 (e.g. to the first partition) is not working.

Is there a definite way to create a bootable USB with the .iso for 4.1.3. which is bulletproof?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Unable to create bootable USB for installation of 4.1.3 on LInux

tkaiser

Pinned Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

soerenderfor

Can't get OpenVPN to work with OMV 4

dariusz_w

Download old RP3 OMV images

tkaiser

doppelte Datenträgerbezeichnung

votdev

Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to create bootable USB for installation of 4.1.3 on LInux.

I've not anything like a PC with BIOS around any more (accessing 'big iron' only virtually and settled to performant ARM servers for small storage projects). But flashing ISOs with Etcher and then booting any of my Macs worked flawlessly all the time. I…
  • soerenderfor -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from soerenderfor: “Back to the blinking cursor, and still no IP address. Thanks, for your time ” Ok, then for you to enjoy OMV it's choosing an Armbian Stretch image from dl.armbian.com/tinkerboard/ and then using
  • bvrulez -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to create bootable USB for installation of 4.1.3 on LInux.

I just found another 8GB key with a working GParted on it, meaning I am able to boot to GParted-live with this key on my laptop and my PC. I checked this key with F3probe, which gave "the real thing" and then flashed the OMV413.iso with the correct…
  • Frepke -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Download old RP3 OMV images.

Like (Post)
    Quote from flmaxey: “In any case, given that OMV/SBC support seems to be "experimental", at best ” You just can't stop spreading BS? The RPi is crap and a shame for the whole ARM ecosystem. But that does not apply to good ARM SBC.
  • bvrulez -

I used a third key yesterday, also Kingston 8GB. It was labeled "the real thing" by F3 and I used Etcher to put the Iso on it. I veryfied the checksum of the downloaded iso as gderf suggested. It is not appearing as boot media in my Asus laptop and in my…
  • dariusz_w -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't get OpenVPN to work with OMV 4.

I haven't worked on OMV 3, but recently switched to OMV 4 on my raspberry pi. Sadly, OpenVPN is broken. Even, that dashboard showing 2 green dots on service, however from logs I see that OpenVPN exit with error. Source Code (3 lines) Tried reinstalling…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Download old RP3 OMV images.

Quote from flmaxey: “In any case, given that OMV/SBC support seems to be "experimental", at best ” You just can't stop spreading BS? The RPi is crap and a shame for the whole ARM ecosystem. But that does not apply to good ARM SBC.
  • tkaiser -

Quote from bvrulez: “My Kingston 16 GB and 8 GB USB storage both are "damaged". ” Welcome to reality ;) Seriously: A lot of people if not even the majority of flash storage users suffers from exactly this problem. And it's really sad that installation…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x doppelte Datenträgerbezeichnung.

Doch wird es, scheint wohl aber nicht geklappt zu haben. Werde das mal checken.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Moving files from Freenas to Openmediavault.

Yes. You could mount a FreeNAS SMB share, in OMV, using the Remote Mount plugin. To connect to a FreeNAS SMB share with Remote Mount, you'd need the username and password of a user that has access to the SMB share. After that, you'd be able to set up…