openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Just sharing a small MiniDLNA tip I worked out, hope it saves someone some hair-pulling.

If you want to use symlinks to share files via MiniDLNA, you might find that media files appear to be served but you can't connect to them.

You need to enable a config option for this to work:

Go to the DLNA section in OMV's web GUI.
    Scroll the bottom section named 'Extra options'
    Type in wide_links=yes
    Save and apply.

• New

Hallo Gemeinde,
    nach dem mein ich jetzt mein OVM4 auf meinem
    Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3R mit einem kleinen intel E6600 2,4GHz und 8GB Ram instaliert hab hab ich volgendes Problem.

Ich habe 8 Sata Platten verbaut,1 SSD (/dev/dsg ) als System Platte, 3 x2Tb WD Platten als Raid5 ( dev/sda-sdc) die spielen auch sauber.

eine kleine 250Gb Maxtor um Daten mit anderen zu teilen FTP zugiff (dev/sdh)
    und 3 x1TB (/dev/sdd-sdf) die eigendlich auch ein Raid bilden sollen. aber es gelingt nicht :(
    sie werden erkanntsiehe Bild 1

wenn ich jetzt zum reiter Dateisystem wechsel und auf erstellen klicke

kann ich eine Platte auswählwn und sag Dateisystem erstellen. Bild2

dann arbeitet das system bild3

aber am ende ist die Platte nicht vorhanden und ich ich kann sie auch nicht einhängen. Bild4

habt ihr eine Idee was da schief leuft?

LG Peter aus Berlin
  • New

Hi all, I'm hosting my website with Nginx server and MySQL installed on a Raspberry pi 3B+; my OMV is version 4.
    Because some scripts run only on apache server, I need to install apache but I saw that there is no Docker arm container for apache.
    What do you suggest to do ?
    Please point me in the right direction....Thanks !!!1 :D

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pool is DEGRADED

flmaxey

What to do if hardware fail?

geaves

Network connection drops while transferring files to OMV

geaves

Quick MiniDLNA tip on symlinks

bitwarden question

Blabla

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pool is DEGRADED.

I would wait. What are you using that you can "replug" your drives? Are the drives in an older server chassis?
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Quote from Marfio: “Is it right? ” Yes, if you have another cage, this will allow you to mount the drives in the caddies slide them into the cage then connect each drive to another sata controller with cables. Looks like a good plan :thumbup:
  • Marfio -

Quote from geaves: “This is the service manual look from page 39 you will have to remove the backplane otherwise any hard drive within the drive cage will plug in to the P400. ” Yes. That is no problem for me. The os hard disk can go with the P400. I…
  • .H. -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pool is DEGRADED.

I'd replug every HDD and now all are online, but two devices are now on resilvered just need to wait ? thanks
  • .H. -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Pool is DEGRADED.

Thread
    Hi, I'm using a zfs Pool, but i saw this HDD state ( by S.M.A.R.T. tool ) it's seems two device are not functionnal... :S REMOVED & UNAVAIL how can i replace them in the pool ? thanks
  • geaves -

This is the service manual look from page 39 you will have to remove the backplane otherwise any hard drive within the drive cage will plug in to the P400.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Network connection drops while transferring files to OMV.

Quote from Peach1200: “What should I trust in this case? ” You would be adding a trust relationship of your omv server on webroot, or it could be something to do with file types, what I think it's doing is scanning them whilst copying. Have you…
  • Adoby -

Liked bvrulez’s post in the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

Like (Post)
  • hoppel118 -

Liked bvrulez’s post in the thread Backup a live system.

Like (Post)
  • Marfio -

I have been working (playing) with the server. I installed a hdd to the SATA MB ports and OMV recognized it. The hd is broken, I know it, and I could’nt format but OMV tried. I think then, that is ok. I have the operating system running in the…