openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

So I used to have a drive in my system called parity1media. I , i removed any shares associated with it, unmounted in it and removed it from my system. However, when I am starting a docker container and navigating to the Volumes and Bind mounts, I can still see it under /srv.

I checked my fstab, it does not exists, and my omv config.xml, it also does not exist in there.

Any ideas where else I have to remove it from to keep it from showing up?

Thank you
  • New

Hello,

I installed spotweb via docker and I can connect to the setup page for spotweb. I also enabled mysql and did add a new spotweb database.

When going through the spotweb setup and want to connect to the mysql database I am getting the error:

[b]SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory [/b] [b]Please correct the errors in below form and try again[/b]

Whatever I am trying it does not solve the problem!

Hope someone can tell me what might be the problem.

Type: mysql
    Server: localhost
    database: spotweb
    username: spotweb
    password: ******

Regards
  • New

Hello,

I installed spotweb via docker and I can connect to the setup page for spotweb. I also enabled mysql and did add a new spotweb database.

When going through the spotweb setup and want to connect to the mysql database I am getting the error:

Whatever I am trying it does not solve the problem!

Hope someone can tell me what might be the problem.

ype mysql PostgreSQL SQLite (untested)
    serverlocalhost
    databasespotweb
    usernamespotweb
    password*******

Regards
  • New

Hi all,

I've just rented a SoYouStart single drive storage server which offers a one-click install of OMV. After getting nowhere for a while I've read somewhere that OMV won't allow you to allocate storage on the same drive that the OS (and OMV) is installed on.

Is this the case? If so, the SoYouStart servers (in my opinion) are a waste of space and it looks like I'll have to start again and create NFS shares the old fashioned way.

Thanks for looking
  • New

Hello all,

I have a problem with creating a scheduled wakealarm. (or more precisely, it is not possible for me)

If I set the time at which the system should start, the following error occurs.

Error wrote:

|1[0-9]|2[0-9]|3[0-9]|4[0-9]|5[0-9]|$/'.']minute: The value '15' doesn't match the pattern '/^[0-9]|1[0-9]|2[0-9]|3[0-9]|4[0-9]|5[0-9]|$/'.

I found another topic that was about this "...doesn't match the pattern-thing", but I am an absolute novice
    in Linux and/or OMV and therefore I can not interpret the (possible) solution "The update is in the repo now". ?(
    What should I do?

TY

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

install spotweb and mysql

geaves

Duplicati plugin Suggestion

macom

Orphaned entry when navigating container folder

macom

OMV and storage on one drive?

guzzisti

Another permissions thread, help a noob set this up properly...

macom

Recent Activities

• TechnoDadLife -

Replied to a comment by macom on TechnoDadLife’s wall.

Wall Reply
    Thanks! I missed that.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread install spotweb and mysql.

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Duplicati plugin Suggestion.

Not an official one, but if you follow the video from technodadlife, you should end up with a working configuration Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Orphaned entry when navigating container folder.

on idea: if you run a rsync job and the target drive is not there, a folder will be created instead of the mount point and the data will be written to the OS drive in this folder. Maybe this happened in your case. Than there might be a folder in /srv/…
  • guzzisti -

Liked macom’s post in the thread Another permissions thread, help a noob set this up properly....

Like (Post)
    Quote from telijah: “If I simply delete the shared folder from the gui, the actual contents of the folder are still there, right? ” When you delete a folder from the GUI you have two options: 1// delete share only 2// delete share and data (this is…
  • guzzisti -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV and storage on one drive?.

Afaik the restriction only applies to the OMV install ISOs. You can install a Debian minimal with custom partitioning and then add the OMV package. But as macom mentioned, you may need to ask the provider how the system will look like after applying the…
  • happimeal -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Orphaned entry when navigating container folder.

Thread
    So I used to have a drive in my system called parity1media. I , i removed any shares associated with it, unmounted in it and removed it from my system. However, when I am starting a docker container and navigating to the Volumes and Bind mounts, I can…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Another permissions thread, help a noob set this up properly....

Quote from telijah: “If I simply delete the shared folder from the gui, the actual contents of the folder are still there, right? ” When you delete a folder from the GUI you have two options: 1// delete share only 2// delete share and data (this is…
  • happimeal -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x 2 internet connections.

• happimeal -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x 2 internet connections.

Like (Post)
    Yes but you may run into some routing issues if not done correctly. Personally, I would setup a pfsense box and have both internet connections go to it (I have done this before).