openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I have a Shared Folder called "backup" on device "disk1" which is mounted on /dev/sda1 - all configured using the OMV GUI.

The command df shows the following as expected:

Source Code

1. neil@rock64:/sharedfolders$ df /sharedfolders/backup
    2. Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    3. /dev/sda1 95625896 46183644 49425868 49% /sharedfolders/backup
    If for some reason "disk1" goes offline then it shows as "Missing" in the GUI and df now shows

Source Code

1. neil@rock64:/sharedfolders$ df /sharedfolders/backup
    2. Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    3. /dev/mmcblk0p7 29861840 4010624 24597708 15% /

So now /sharedfolders/backups is mounted on /. However if I look at the share in the GUI it still shows the share…
  • New

Hi gys,
    I have searched the internet quite a time and the only practical solution I found was to restart the webserver. But I am sceptical, renewing the certificate is a simple maintenance task. Normal business. Is restarting really the only possible solution to update the certificate shown in the browser (nginx in my case)?

If no, what would I have to do? Cache refresh at client side does not work....If yes, how could the restart be automated such that after successful renewal with the letsencrypt plugin my nginx is restarted as well?

Thank you for sharing!
  • New

Now that I see OMV3 is at end of life, I'd love to move to OMV4. However I run stuff like Sonarr, Radarr, NZBGet, Plex, every day and from what I am reading there is no hope of these working under OMV4 and in order to get them working I need to first master Docker and get that running in OMV4 then use it to install all these plugins.

No need for instruction, as I see there are many how-to threads popping up, but is that the only path vs. just trying to move to OMV4 and keep the existing plugins working as they are? My guess is that if I release-upgrade to OMV4 I'm going to break some or all of my plugins.
  • New

Hey guys,

I wondered why there are two cron configs for my openmediavault-letsencrypt plugin. Is letsencrypt using the certbot and therefore dependent on this certbot cron config? Or is this just by accident one of them is redundant?
    I haven't installed the certbot actively.

Shell-Script: openmediavault-letsencrypt

1. @monthly root omv-rpc "LetsEncrypt" "generateCertificate" "{\"command\":\"renew\"}" >/dev/null 2>&1

Shell-Script: certbot

1. 0 */12 * * * root test -x /usr/bin/certbot -a \! -d /run/systemd/system && perl -e 'sleep int(rand(43200))' && certbot -q renew
    Hopefully someone knows!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV 4 fresh install with missing drives (file systems)

votdev

Problems and Questions about Shared Folders

votdev

InfluxDB

openmediavault-clamav 4.1.7-1 XPath query '//services/clamav'

Kokos

How long is a user banned for multiple posting?

hoppel118

Recent Activities

• votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 fresh install with missing drives (file systems).

Seems to be a problem with the kernel or userland tools like blkid in Debian 9.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread Problems and Questions about Shared Folders.

Quote from namirda: “Is it really necessary to delete and then recreate the share to get the mount point corrected - that is quite a hassle if there are lots of references to it? ” I don't understand you. Simply do a Source Code (1 line)and…
  • magrus -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x InfluxDB.

Thread
    Hey guys, newbie dumb question. How can I install InfluxDB on OMV 4 (Raspberry PI image)? Thank you
  • Kokos -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved openmediavault-clamav 4.1.7-1 XPath query '//services/clamav'.

It did the work! Thank you so much for this hint! Have a nice day.
  • hoppel118 -

Replied to the thread How long is a user banned for multiple posting?.

No, please do not deactivate tapatalk. If the Plugin gets deactivated, I won’t be able to track the threads I am interested in anymore. I use tapatalk to aggregate the changes and answers in threads I follow of all the forums I am participating. I…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved openmediavault-clamav 4.1.7-1 XPath query '//services/clamav'.

Can not reproduce this. So i assume something unexpected went wrong during the installation. Does Shell-Script (1 line) fix the issue?
  • hoppel118 -

Liked ellnic’s post in the thread How long is a user banned for multiple posting?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from votdev: “Maybe it is time to remove the plugin here, too. ” I understand that it’s a headache right now, but Tapatalk is the only thing of it’s kind. I am sure this is just GDPR update related teething issues. If you are willing to…
  • ellnic -

Quote from votdev: “Maybe it is time to remove the plugin here, too. ” I understand that it’s a headache right now, but Tapatalk is the only thing of it’s kind. I am sure this is just GDPR update related teething issues. If you are willing to…
  • namirda -

Replied to the thread Problems and Questions about Shared Folders.

Quote from votdev: “A feature that is not implemented ” Nice one....! Would be a nice feature wouldn't it..???..... Thanks for the reply - mountpoint is just what I need. Is it really necessary to delete and then recreate the share to get the…
  • votdev -

Maybe it is time to remove the plugin here, too.