openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi all,

I guess I could say that I'm a Windows Server refugee. Since MS Server Essentials doesn't seem to have the actual essentials for a SOHO, I began to look for suitable candidate. That process brought me here.

While I'm not a stranger to Linux, building servers of any kind can be a PITA. In that respect the OMV/Debian package turned out to be a nice surprise. It's an easy build, there lots of options and add-on plugin's, with a nice selection of file systems for different tasks. There's ZFS, for data integrity, and faster more nimble file systems like EXT4 or XFS for VM's storage and Docker containers. The Virtual Box and Docker plugin's, for the GUI, are a real bonus. All are nicely integrated and easy to use.

I did some searching in doc's and posts, but didn't find anything regarding a release cycle or schedule. Also it would be nice to know, at least in general terms, what changes if any are to be in the next release. Links to this info would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • New

I've created a vm containing windows 10 inside virtual box. The vm is at the first windows config screen..... and I can't get to it. I can't open the $%$#%$ console because I can't get adobe plugin to work with it. I am trying to rdp to the host but every client I have tried (windows rd, vncviewer, tightvnc) doesn't work. It seems like this is a fairly common issue but I can't seem to get past it. I would assume that once I get windows up I can just set up remote desktop inside of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can I even rdp to the host? I set the guest to have a bridged connection on 3389 and don't even get to the login screen.
  • New

Hello,

Is OMV 5.0-1 compatible with OMV-Extras ?

OMV-Extras is installed by command line and when i update by "apt-get update", here is the error log :

Shell-Script

1. Err :20 https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/usul-testing buster Release
    2. 404 Not Found [IP : 52.58.197.227 443]
    3. Err :21 https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/usul-extras buster Release
    4. 404 Not Found [IP : 52.58.197.227 443]
    5. Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
    6. E: Le dépôt https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/usul-testing buster Release n'a pas de fichier Release.
    7. N: Les mises à jour depuis un tel dépôt ne peuvent s'effectuer de manière sécurisée, et sont donc désactivées par défaut.
    8. N: Voir les pages de manuel d'apt-secure(8) pour
  • New

Hi,

i´ve made a new installation of OMV 4 on my Server (HP ProLiant MicroServer). I had a raid0 with two 4TB WD Red and two 4TB USB-HDD as a Union-Filesystem.
    My Problem is, that i want to backup my data to the Union-Filesystem with rsync. There are about 6TB of Data. After running an hour the OMV crashes and is not available for about two minutes and than the Server works. But the rsync wrote only 300gb of data. I think theres a bigger Problem, when i see the logfile. But i dont know whats the Problem!

I add my actual syslog. Its very big. The rsync runs until ca. 2:00.

The Line:

Source Code

1. Apr 23 19:45:33 schilkoserver smbd[16510]: [2019/04/23 19:45:33.182415, 0] ../source3/param/loadparm.c:3244(process_usershare_file)
    2. Apr 23 19:45:33 schilkoserver smbd[16510]: process_usershare_file: stat of /var/lib/samba/usershares/backup8tb failed. Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

makes no…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Openmediavault's Release Cycle

Multi-system case

crashtest

Is Docker the only way to install emby on OMV

Possible to install OMV4 on Odroid c2?

mruano

Denial removing sharedfolders "Device or resource busy".

Adoby

Recent Activities

• exitcode0 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Openmediavault's Release Cycle.

Thread
    Hi all, I guess I could say that I'm a Windows Server refugee. Since MS Server Essentials doesn't seem to have the actual essentials for a SOHO, I began to look for suitable candidate. That process brought me here. While I'm not a stranger to Linux,…
  • crashtest -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread Multi-system case.

Like (Post)
    Quote from crashtest: “OMG... The perpetrators of that mess must have never heard of network design concepts, such as "access", "distribution" and "core". ” More here. Just keep scrolling down. trinixy.ru/16860-trudnye_budni…v_i_adminov_70_shtuk.html
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread Multi-system case.

LOL,, Wow... I don't know what to say - that stuff leaves you speechless. I have a few favorites thou. The "rat in the rack" was good (he was probably their wire tech). I loved what appeared to be a rack mount sized switch, suspended from it's wired…
  • dont1982 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Is Docker the only way to install emby on OMV.

Thread
    I am having a lot of issues with emby inside of docker. the guide for live tv will disappear and never come back. any ideas on another way to install emby. and i have watched tecno dads videos yesterday.
  • gderf -

Quote from crashtest: “OMG... The perpetrators of that mess must have never heard of network design concepts, such as "access", "distribution" and "core". ” More here. Just keep scrolling down. trinixy.ru/16860-trudnye_budni…v_i_adminov_70_shtuk.html
  • jamesjfa -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread Abandoned plugins.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Niemand: “why I don't like docker: too much overhead, too much potential of data loss, too less separation from the host, too many possibilities to loose data and crash the whole system. I like LXC. May you write a guide to keep plex up to…
  • mruano -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Possible to install OMV4 on Odroid c2?.

Quote from mruano: “OK, here is the output of dmesg | curl -s -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io after one of the file system 'crash' episodes: ix.io/1Gew Thanks! ” Hi, Thomas Any chance you can take a look at the above when you have a bit of time? Thanks and…
  • crashtest -

Quote from gderf: “Is this the before picture? ” OMG... The perpetrators of that mess must have never heard of network design concepts, such as "access", "distribution" and "core".
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Denial removing sharedfolders "Device or resource busy"..

And if you turn off the services that use the folder, can you delete it OK? If you install the plugin resetperm it can show exactly what services use a shared folder, if you don't remember it.
  • getName() -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rsync frustration of doing the simplest of things.

You need to use the > before the output file. It redirects stdout in what ever file you name after.