openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

SMART Status unknown

tmihai20

Pinned Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

Frepke

OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon)

nghiacc

Can somebody explain this "error" message to me

Drake008

Sharing folders/files over internet

Frepke

Recent Activities

• tmihai20 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x SMART Status unknown.

I just upgraded to OMV 4 yesterday. I am in the same situation, I run OMV from an oDroid XU4, updated everything (kernel included). I am using a USB 3 3.5 inches external HDD that had SMART information on OMV 3.
  • Frepke -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from nghiacc: “After get OMV up and running on my HC1, I am unable to create a shared folder. The Device droplist does not show anything to pickup! Pls see attachment. Anyone has the same issue? ” Did you mount a physical disc?
  • nghiacc -

Replied to the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

How is the NanoPC T4? I am about to take one. Look interesting specs. Just wonder on their support as I don't have good experience with them.
  • nghiacc -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

Like (Post)
    Rockchip RK3399 is a pretty interesting ARM SoC since not only featuring true Gigabit Ethernet (able to achieve 940 Mbits/sec in both directions), two USB2 and two (UAS capable) USB3 SuperSpeed ports but also a PCIe implementation (PCIe 2.x with 4 lanes…
  • nghiacc -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

After get OMV up and running on my HC1, I am unable to create a shared folder. The Device droplist does not show anything to pickup! Pls see attachment. Anyone has the same issue?
  • Drake008 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can somebody explain this "error" message to me.

SMART Values are all OK. How can I use this program in the correct manner?
  • Frepke -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

Quote from Mr.Grape: “Quote from Frepke: “Thanks @TheLostSwede, @tkaiser and @Mr.Grape, VPN access it's gonna be. And running Docker was just info for when this info was useful :) kr., Patrick ” VPN here will only do one layer. You still need another…
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

Yes, that another issue. Basically, you have to balance the scales: if you want speed or security ;) Alternatively, you can forward ports to your OMV and push all traffic to worldwide web unencrypted.
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

• ellnic -

Liked ArmandH’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Like (Post)
    @ellnic i solved it by running first apt install -t stretch-backports linux-compiler-gcc-6-x86 after that i could install headers apt install linux-headers-$(uname -r) and when that was ready the zfs plugin could be installed.