openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Freshly installed OMV4 on USB stick; Added 2 drives after initial setup (3 total data hard drives installed) .All drives show up in "Disks" but only one of the new drives shows up in "file systems"
    All drives are formatted as Ext4."
    Create" gives me the option to format the drive, but as I have data on it I don't want to do this.
    There are/is 2 TB of data on the 5TB drive,if I have to I suppose I could transfer the data off, then format then transfer the data back on, but I would rather not do this if I can avoid it.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • New

I picked up an HP Proliant ML110 G7 - Xeon E3-1220@3.10GHz 16GB 2x 300GB SAS & x2 250GB SATA = 1.1TB. After everything is running smoothly, I will move 2-3 3TB DT01ACA300 from my main rig and ass an 8tb when I find a good deal on an external. My network is an 8-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Switch - Netgear ProSafe GS108 v3, connected to a TP-Link TL-WDR7300 AC2100 router to the ISP modem.

I want to run a headless server design with GUI. I will be running server function, backup of my OS drives on Win10 desktop and Macbook Pro, transmission, Sonarr, Plex and Headphones. I’ve read through the getting started PDF and I understand that all of these options will need OMV-Extras and the flash memory plugin. I have a SanDisk Ultra Fit 32GB sitting on my shelf, and a Transcend Ultimate 32GB SD card that can plug into an internal header. I don’t know how the SC card port functions as I’ve never had on a mother board before. I can also pick up a used 64-128GB SSD for £10 from a local forum.

Will…
  • New

Ich verzweifel langsam.

Ich habe Jdownloader auf dem rpi installiert. OMV ebenso.
    Jetzt sind 2 Laufwerke in OMV eingebunden, ich habe auch freigegebene Ordner. Wenn ich aber den Pfad zu diesen Ordnern in den Jdownloader eingebe "/sharedfolders/Tbplatte/"
    Dann speichert er die Daten nicht dort sondern eiskalt.auf der OS Platte.
    Egal was ich versuche er speichert es immer auf der OS Platte und nicht auf der externen.
    Ich bin es gewohnt meine externen mach /Media/ in einen Ordner zu mounten und alles weitere von da zu machen aber das mounten hat ja OMV übernommen?!
    In media oder mnt ist auch keine Datei zu finden beide leer.

Kann mir jemand sagen wo der Fehler liegt?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

WARNING: Do NOT ubgrade to Kernel 4.16 if you use ZFS

ryecoaaron

Dowgrade Kernel of OMV4

bugado

Command works fine in shell, but fails in scheduled job

votdev

MergerFS pool becomes corrupted for an unknown reason

flvinny521

Move Boot from USB Flash Stick to SATA or to another USB Device

rsrsrs

Recent Activities

• ellnic -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Update WARNING: Do NOT ubgrade to Kernel 4.16 if you use ZFS.

Like (Post)
    Quote from ellnic: “Debian will never stop having ZFS and I can’t see the plugin disappearing either. ” Even if Debian does, I doubt Ubuntu will which in turn helps Proxmox. And since we can use the proxmox kernel on Debian, everything is good.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update WARNING: Do NOT ubgrade to Kernel 4.16 if you use ZFS.

Quote from ellnic: “Debian will never stop having ZFS and I can’t see the plugin disappearing either. ” Even if Debian does, I doubt Ubuntu will which in turn helps Proxmox. And since we can use the proxmox kernel on Debian, everything is good.
  • lamigo -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread Command works fine in shell, but fails in scheduled job.

Like (Post)
    Try using full and precise paths for everything. Instead of running several commands, run a prepared script. Makes debugging easier. Don't use sudo if you run the cron job as root. I never use OMV for scheduled jobs. I edit /etc/crontab. Feels much…
  • lamigo -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread Command works fine in shell, but fails in scheduled job.

Like (Post)
    Keep in mind that the shell environment is reduced when executing scripts in PHP.
  • bugado -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Dowgrade Kernel of OMV4.

Finally, I installed OMV 4 on another disk available to do my tests.Here I am in 4.14 and I find my RAID clean, accessible and error free ...I am making copies of my data then I will delete and put back a new RAID 6 under linux 4.19, which normally…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread Command works fine in shell, but fails in scheduled job.

Keep in mind that the shell environment is reduced when executing scripts in PHP.
  • lamigo -

Put the commands in a shell script and changed the command in scheduled jobs to execute that script and it works. Weird that it doesn't like to directly execute the same commands through the UI command field.
  • lamigo -

That command only uses web urls (so no paths used) and it also doesn't use sudo. I'll give a prepared script approach a try. Will post back with findings.
  • Adoby -

Try using full and precise paths for everything. Instead of running several commands, run a prepared script. Makes debugging easier. Don't use sudo if you run the cron job as root. I never use OMV for scheduled jobs. I edit /etc/crontab. Feels much…
  • lamigo -

Posted the thread Command works fine in shell, but fails in scheduled job.

Thread
    Running this command in ShellInABox does what it should: IP=`curl -s dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com/getip` && curl "https://dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com/update?host=@&domain=example.com&password=examplePassword=$IP" but putting that exact same line…