openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Greetings.

I've started constructing my build a couple of months ago.

I build it upon an old ASUS P5Q-E I had with an Intel Dual core Duo E8500 3.2Ghz, that gives me 6 + 2 x Sata II 3Gbps (the +2 is for eazy backup but with a little tempering I made a good use for the one of them) so total 7 sata II ports :D

The mobo also had ide conectors so I user an old 160GB ide HD for the omv + plex.

System has 4 GB of RAM and running fairly smooth but I'm thinking to put another 4GB.

Currently I'm running on raid 5 with 4 x WD Red NAS 4TB and in the future I'll completed with another 3 (but I need to change my 550 PSU with something bigger, maybe a corsair 750 CXi).

After setting the initial build I had the idea to buy a Dell Perc 6i Pci-e SAS Raid Controller (I can find cheap on ebay with battery and cables) so I'll have the advantage of the cache in case of.. I don't know :)

I also bought a 1500 VA UPS (with 0.6 factor so I think it will fit great with the 750 PSU).

Currently I've sorted…
  • New

Hallo Liebe OMV-Gemeinde!

Ich habe nun endlich aucvh ein eigenes NAS realisiert, dank OMV 3.0.99 (Erasus).
    Dieses läuft nun seit einigen wochen, ohne Probleme! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Auch das streamen von Videos und Musik klappt fast ohne problem... ?( ?( ?(

Denn leider kann ich nichbt alle Filme wieder geben.
    Bei einigen fehlt leider der Ton, wenn ich sie vom Smart-TV oder der PS4 streame!

Daher wollte ich fragen ob es eine möglichkeit gibt, eine Hardware Dekodierung ins NAS zu integrieren.

Die hardware ist eine AMD A4-7300 APU mit 8GiB Arbeitsspeicher, die CPU müsste ja eigentlich ausreichen um HD videos zu dekodieren!?
    Oder???

Weis das es bei fertigen NAS-Systemen sowas gibt, daher hoffe ich das, es das bei OpenMediaVault, auch gibt.
    So das ich, egal auf welches Gerät ich videos Streame, ich jedes Videoformat und Audio-Code sehen/hören kann!?

Hoffe das mir einer Helfen kann!

Schon mal danke im voraus!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Bloodwolf
  • New

Hi everyone!I'm looking for a case for my NAS.The most important thing is that has to be silent and has 6 HDD's slots.Other than that I want it to be small if possible since it's a nas/media server and I already have a micro ATX motherboard.
    I found 3 cases for now:
    • Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 80€ -> not exactly the best looking case, but it's the only one with sound dampening everywhere;
    • Fractal Design node 804 100€ -> smallest one, and it also has a classic NAS form factor;
    • Coolermaster N300 45€ (since it's cheap I'll buy 2 noctua and change the fans)
    Can you suggest me other cases? As I said, I value the silence over everything else.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Ubunutu 18.04 - How to automount a CIFS?

ryecoaaron

Plex not transcoding. Docker.

ryecoaaron

how to have windows see omv sheard folders ?

Adding usb external HDD to mirror some folder from another hdd

Mr.Grape

Sharing folders/files over internet

Mr.Grape

Recent Activities