openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi,

I installer OMV on a raspberrypi and used 2 external, self-powered, HDD, 1TB each.

Suddenly this morning I noticed I can't access 1 of my HDD. I can see it's listed under physical disk (/dev/sda), however, it's not detected in File System, filesystem ext4, but no label, no info on total, used, and available space, it's not mounted, though referenced, and its status is missing.

What can I do to check and try to get back the content of the missing HDD? A lot of data inside so I prefer if I could try non destructive method first.

Thank you,
  • New

Hi, i want to use an older RPI2 as an NAS Backup server, boot it wont pass this bootscreen. Are there any modification i can do on the boot drive? I tried different sd cards, have downloaded the file multiple times but with no succes. I tried to put the sdcard into my pi3 and it boot up just fine ?( . Is there an iso image of OMV3 still avaible so i could trie that?
  • New

Hi,

Been busting my brains for the past 24 hours and it is 1AM for me when I write this but had no luck to make this plex server work, so far I have been following @TechnoDadLife tutorial using the linuxserver/plex docker image, but no luck so far the web interface starts, I created an account and logged in, and from here it is stuck in "looking for servers..." "A server could not be found. Download and install Plex Media Server, and it will appear here.", I have deleted this image multiple times, I accessed this server from my local IP and still nothing, created the image manually with docker, created it with the WEB UI interface, nothing.

Any suggestions ?

// edit

Openmediavault v4.1.11
    Hostname openmediavault.local
    Kernel 4.17.0-0.bpo.3-amd64

Info after docker logs -f plex

Shell-Script

1. [s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
    2. [fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Shared HDD suddenly goes missing

Monitor several OMV servers

ryecoaaron

Omv ladet webinterface nicht

strix

Need help with docker plex using @'TechnoDadLife' tutorial, "A server could not be found"

gderf

raid5 disk failure.

• JimT
  • JimT

JimT

Recent Activities

• indragm -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Shared HDD suddenly goes missing.

Thread
    Hi, I installer OMV on a raspberrypi and used 2 external, self-powered, HDD, 1TB each. Suddenly this morning I noticed I can't access 1 of my HDD. I can see it's listed under physical disk (/dev/sda), however, it's not detected in File System,…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Monitor several OMV servers.

Quote from Adoby: “Also it is not free and open source, even if you can run it for free on 7 nodes. Hm... ” Uh, nagios core is free and open source - github.com/NagiosEnterprises/nagioscore
  • strix -

Replied to the thread Omv ladet webinterface nicht.

sry war im Urlaub konnte da nicht schreiben. ne es geht mit keinem pc bzw browser . ich werde jetz mal alles neu aufsetzen. dauert ja nicht soo langen. danke für die hilfe
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Adoby: “When the HC2s are under heavy utilization, sustained copying of GBs or even TBs, I worry about CPU and HDD temperatures ” My take on this: Test worst case conditions first, then never care again. The most interesting thing with HC2…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Need help with docker plex using @'TechnoDadLife' tutorial, "A server could not be found".

I have never heard of the Plex docker using a port conflicting with avahi-daemon. How did you determine that this was the case?
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Adoby: “Should OMV 5 have an API for this? ” Well, the 'API' I would use is SNMP. Simply activate it (it has been outsourced as plugin with OMV4) and have a look what's available (massive amount of information). Then I would suggest…
  • JimT -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x raid5 disk failure..

Quote from geaves: “Quote from ness1602: “When you fail one disk(mdadm based) RAID should be active/degraded. It shouldnt be inactive anytime. ” Yes and no. If you fail a drive using mdadm it's output would be clean/degraded, if you pull a drive…
  • Adoby -

Yes, I have seen it. But I feel it is a slight overkill... And I believe it is considered to be difficult to configure. And I want to run other apps on the control server as well. Also it is not free and open source, even if you can run it for free on 7…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RPi2 wont boot.

Quote from Moelle87: “I already ordered an New one ” Too bad. The Raspberry Pi is the worst choice possible for any NAS implementation. See Enough of Rpi, now what? for details...
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Cannot find device while creating a shared folder.

Quote from liv: “and I configured hd-idle to spin down disk automatically when it's not used for 120 seconds... I don't know if this makes a difference. ” Hm!! well you know something I don't :) personally what I would do is to turn that off, reboot, then…