openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi guys!
    I don't have my servers connected to a screen very often...usually when I am doing a clone of the system drive. I wanted to see the server start before creating a clone....
    I had the following message:

Source Code

1. software watchdog cannot register miscdev on minor=130 (err=-16)

I have used PuTTY to have a look and this is what I get when running dmseg:

Source Code

1. [ 31.416055] watchdog: Software Watchdog: cannot register miscdev on minor=130 (err=-16).
    2. [ 31.416104] watchdog: Software Watchdog: a legacy watchdog module is probably present.
    3. [ 31.418021] softdog: initialized. soft_noboot=0 soft_margin=60 sec soft_panic=0 (nowayout=0)
    4. root@DN-Storage2:~#

Something to do with a legacy driver?

Has anyone any suggestions as to how I should proceed?

bookie56
  • New

Hi all,

I'm new to OMV, did build an own NAS machine and the setup and first steps are done. Big thanks to the developers and all supporters, great work!

Here's one beginner question I'd like to clearify: Let's say I've attached 2 HDD's via SATA in the NAS running OMV and would like to transfer files internally in OMV. (without shared folders). Can I safely ssh as root to the NAS and copy files in the ssh session from 1 HDD to another (using cp command or maybe midnight commander)? Or does that "interfere" somehow with OMV's right's management or something?

Thanks in advance!
  • New

Hello

I have tried to install your youtube video instructions Openmediavault NAS software but I have a problem. When I put the apt-get upgrade command, that command does not do what it would have to do, and I'm not asked yes / no. Nor does the window open to you in the terminal. You see my problem in the picture. I really don't know what to do. Thanks for help!

My Raspberry Pi model is: Raspberry Pi 3 B+

Problem image link: aijaa.com/3HX7nB

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?

ryecoaaron

Raspberry Pi - Why?

JohnStiles

Problem with CPU under-clocking in Odroid HC1

JohnStiles

Copy files internally via ssh allowed?

KM0201

Watchdog Problem

bookie56

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

Quote from bvrulez: “Please tell me which .iso I will use from the backup attached for writing to the disk. ” I usually recommend systemrescuecd as mentioned in the link in the above post. Quote from bvrulez: “How can I "look inside the backup…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

Quote from bvrulez: “Why is nowhere to be found a guide on how to restore a backup? ” Because there are many factors that are different and the guide would never be able to account for all of those factors. fsarchiver is a little easier but not…
  • Fortran -

Wrote a comment on Fortran’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Bom dia! Instalei o OMV no Rapberry PI 3 para trabalhar como servidor de impressora. No entanto, ele entra no modo standby ou desliga de um dia para o outro. Como sou iniciante e apesar de pesquisar sobre o assunto não consegui resolver o problema.…
  • bvrulez -

How can I "look inside the backup files", e.g. which programm will I use to open them?
  • JohnStiles -

Replied to the thread Raspberry Pi - Why?.

Quote from wireless112: “This stuff struggles on an i7 when it comes to OS loading, which is the main reason for my curiosity. Of course I enabled ZFS and burn up 13GB of RAM while transferring, so this further puzzles me that a 1GB device could work…
  • Adoby -

For a full restore I suspect that you need all the backup files that were created at the same backup "event". At a glance it seems they are labeled nicely. Please note that I have never used the plugin for backups and can't provide detailed support. I…
  • bvrulez -

Thanks a lot for your detailed support. Please tell me which .iso I will use from the backup attached for writing to the disk.
  • JohnStiles -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with CPU under-clocking in Odroid HC1.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from JohnStiles: “But looking at the url you gave me, I'm not the first and no one seems to care ” As already said: Quantity vs. quality. BTW: there's more than just lower CPU clockspeeds. Cloudshell 2 users when…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Copy files internally via ssh allowed?.

Quote from o_neill: “Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from o_neill: “Can I safely ssh as root to the NAS and copy files in the ssh session from 1 HDD to another (using cp command or maybe midnight commander)? ” If source and destination are shared to…
  • KM0201 -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Copy files internally via ssh allowed?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from o_neill: “Can I safely ssh as root to the NAS and copy files in the ssh session from 1 HDD to another (using cp command or maybe midnight commander)? ” If source and destination are shared to SMB or AFP clients and use mismatching share…