openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello.

I am thinking of moving TVHeadend from my x86 server to something a more power friendly.

My obvious first choice was a RPi 3B+ but lots of advice on here seems to favour the Rock64.

Is this going to be a suitable choice for me?

What I need is something that can power a s 2.5" hard drive and can use a Digbit R1 for recording.

I did read that Odroid also offer some devices with similar capabilities but have a higher idle draw.

Any advice/recommendations would be much appreciated.

Edit

My current x86 server contains 3 storage HDDs and an SSD.

I have leaving it on all the time, just to make recordings, as I only really use it for streaming for a couple of hours a night during the week.

My plan was to have an ARM device (like the Rock64) for all my scheduling of recordings and watching them back and then manually turn on the server whenever it was actually needed.

However, I note that this is being mentioned a few times on here:

kobol.io/helios4/

It is not cheap but do…
  • New

Hi, I am a newborn on the linux world. I am using the OMV4 for a couple of weeks now, to replace my personal windows 7 shares and also using on a rural community here. Well, on my personal Rig, i need to back it up to crashplan. As I am still a windows user for most of my stuff (gaming and lightroom editing). I've been using the "single user trick" to backup up mapped shared folders, but as the number of folders increase, that is not practical and also I need 2 devices on to backup things.

I've found this docker container here: hub.docker.com/r/jrcs/crashplan/

I've managed to pull it (at least I think so), but I do not know how to actually config it and make it run.

Can someone help me step by step?

thanks!
  • New

Folks,
    I am on Stoneburner for my main media system. Long story of why I cannot yet upgrade this one including need for TFTP server, iSCSI targets etc.

Anyway, this system has been going great and has been rock solid for quite a number of years. However, within the last few months the root filesystem has become 100% filled and I cannot seem be able to locate what is causing it.

I run Docker with three containers including MythTV and Emby and false media plugin. It has NFS exports also.

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, it has been running all this great for quite some time but it appears something (perhaps a package update) may have caused this.

If you can help suggest what I can try next, please let me know.

Thank you.

Source Code

1. Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    2. rootfs

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Weird situation - root filesystem filled - please help!

2devnull

Where is the pinned thread that explain how to upgrade OMV 3 -> OMV 4

macom

Crashplan Docker

macom

Probleme mit Flash Memory Plugin

macom

Login am WebGUI nicht möglich, da system voll

macom

Recent Activities

• 2devnull -

Replied to the thread Weird situation - root filesystem filled - please help!.

Quote from gderf: “Quote from 2devnull: “Quote from gderf: “Try unmounting each of your storage disks and then look in their mount point directories. These look suspicious: Source Code (2 lines)” I did the one for Docker and it didn't show…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked markmarz’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved How to enable Flash Memory plugin?.

Like (Post)
    I found this helpful: Source Code (26 lines)
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Where is the pinned thread that explain how to upgrade OMV 3 -> OMV 4.

These are the steps (to the best of my knowledge) - make a backup of your system drive (optional, if you can accept to make a fresh install if something goes wrong) - fully update your system - check that all plugins you have installed are available in…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Crashplan Docker.

Crashplan changed the policy. I think Crashplan does not support the backup to local machine or remote private machine any more. crashplan.com/en-us/consumer/nextsteps/ I use Urbackup for client backup to the NAS and Duplicate for remote backup to the…
  • TheLapin -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Where is the pinned thread that explain how to upgrade OMV 3 -> OMV 4.

Thread
    Hello All is in title. I can't find the thread that explain how to upgrade OMV3 -> OMV4 (and some recommandation for noob) I think it's a very very important thread so it will be pinned somewhere but I can't find it. And nothing found in the help…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Probleme mit Flash Memory Plugin.

Bin mir nicht sicher, was der Bereitschaftsmodus ist. Wenn dabei der Inhalt des Arbeitsspeichers auf die Swap Partition geschrieben wird, wäre klar warum das so ist. Auf jeden Fall sind die Änderungen der fstab optional. Dazu gibt es einige posts im…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Weird situation - root filesystem filled - please help!.

Quote from 2devnull: “Quote from gderf: “Try unmounting each of your storage disks and then look in their mount point directories. These look suspicious: Source Code (2 lines)” I did the one for Docker and it didn't show anything different after…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Login am WebGUI nicht möglich, da system voll.

Sorry, war nich online. Hast du es inzwischen geschafft? Sieht komisch aus. Kannst du mal ls -l posten? Sind das vielleicht Dateien und keine Verzeichnisse?
  • richprim -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rock64 media board.

I can now login via SSH but get the following when i go to "omv-firstaid" and click on the net work setup ERROR: dialog-like terminated due to an error: the dialog-like program exited with status 3 (which was passed to it as the DIALOG_ERROR environment…
  • richprim -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rock64 media board.

Yes it worked, thank you for the info on "allowing root login". Rich Prim