openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Some docker containers don't like it when fstab is noexec

superfrog73

Build a low-power NAS with a SBC

ryecoaaron

MPD Server Guide?

flmaxey

Motherboard suggestion for OMV with PLEX transcoding

tr3bjockey

RPC service 'OpenVpn' not found.

Konsti

Recent Activities

• superfrog73 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Some docker containers don't like it when fstab is noexec.

Quote from subzero79: “Find the fstab entries you don't want with noexec in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml look at the mnent entries. Remove the noexec directive and run omv-mkconf fstab Reboot. If you want future attached disks the same you need to…
  • superfrog73 -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Some docker containers don't like it when fstab is noexec.

Like (Post)
    Find the fstab entries you don't want with noexec in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml look at the mnent entries. Remove the noexec directive and run omv-mkconf fstab Reboot. If you want future attached disks the same you need to edit Omv environmental…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Build a low-power NAS with a SBC.

Quote from Nefertiti: “2 are listed one 64 the other plain armhf what are the differences? ” One is 64 bit and the other is 32 bit. If you don't have a reason to use one or the other, then follow ayufan's advice when he says the 32 bit (armhf)…
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread Build a low-power NAS with a SBC.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Njuilpo: “It seems that OMV do not offer a RockPro64 image, only a Rock64: are they compatible? ” No but look here - github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases ” I think I am going to upgrade also very soon to the…
  • tr3bjockey -

Wrote a comment on TechnoDadLife’s wall.

Wall Comment
    I just watched your video last night while installing OMV. First time installing something other than a microsoft OS. I was scared but your video walked me through with no issues. Good Job!
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MPD Server Guide?.

No problem. Now you might an idea why I was nudging you toward an existing media server Docker "How-To". :) And while it's a great idea, note that you may run into networking issues when running OMV, with Dockers, in a VM. Virtualbox uses a secondary…
  • tr3bjockey -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Motherboard suggestion for OMV with PLEX transcoding.

I use this motherboard and it works fine. Have not tested any drives with it yet (just testing if the board is supported). Was able to install from a thumbdrive onto a 32gb class 10 flash card sdhc
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Where to install Docker & OS (omv) backup ?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from arik: “Is it correct to install Docker and its content under the OS USB flash drive ? It seems to me that is slowing down everythings. i'd like to minimaze the access to the USB key. ” You install Docker on your USB but you can point your…
  • Konsti -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved RPC service 'OpenVpn' not found..

Thanks mate, I didn't consider this obvious solution! Had the same problem on v4.1.2 and indeed, clearing cache fixes the error.
  • Konsti -

Liked Math.’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved RPC service 'OpenVpn' not found..

Like (Post)
    Cleared my browser data, and the error was gone. lol