openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi

Another question about rsnapshot, as I'm still not 100% fluid with OMV "ACL" (I used quotes voluntarily, given the different levels used in OMV for this).

I have several shared folders belonging to distinct users - some home folders, some shared by everybody, some shared by only a few users... The usual stuff.

What is recommended for using rsnapshot? Use the same destination shared folder for all backup and managed permissions within it? Use distinct shared folders?

I realize as I'm writing that my question may look wide and go beyond rsnaphot... Any advice will be appreciated!

PS: I'm using OMV 4.1.4-1
  • New

Hi,

In the raw rsnapshot, one can define specific exclusion and inclusion rules. How can/should we achieve this using the OMV plugin?

Beside, is /etc/rsnapshot.conf used at all when using the OMV plugin? If so, how? E.g do OMV settings override /etc/rsnapshot.conf ?

I'm using OMV 4.1.4-1 (and knows well debian).

Thank you for your help, and of course a big thank to all OMV contributors!
  • New

What's the recommended way to copy lots of DOS files (specifically, the filenames aren't Linux-friendly) from disparate hard-disk drives to a 2Tb data drive (/etc/sdb) in my OMV3 system?
    If I have to, I can do it over the LAN from a PC with a USB disk docking device to a shared folder on OMV, but that will take quite a while, which seems like a shame since the files are already on a HDD that I can mount on OMV with a USB docking device.

So, you people with more experience in OMV than me (which today is everyone else), how would you do this?

Thanks,
    Steve Mann
  • New

helllo there,

so im soon gonna upgrade to OMV4 and am thinking about a clean install (as there is some problems with my current OMV3 setup that i have not being able solve, anyway i have a dir called /docker that is containing all my docker container data/configs

so if i was to take a backup of this dir /docker/ onto another computer and then wipe and install OMV4 is there anyway to restore this data, so that i dont have to setup each docker containers i have, such as "sonarr" "transmission" "radarr" "embyserver" and more (yes i run these in Docker)

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

rsnapshot "ACL"for multiple users - which strategy?

rsnapshot exclusion (and /etc/rsnapshot.conf)

OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

AdmiralRaccoon

My NAS move from FreeNAS Muad Dib to OMV on a new systems.

PepeOMV

Moving lots of DOS files to data drive in OMV3?

cabrio_leo

Recent Activities

• Nas-turally -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x rsnapshot "ACL"for multiple users - which strategy?.

Thread
    Hi Another question about rsnapshot, as I'm still not 100% fluid with OMV "ACL" (I used quotes voluntarily, given the different levels used in OMV for this). I have several shared folders belonging to distinct users - some home folders, some shared by…
  • Nas-turally -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x rsnapshot exclusion (and /etc/rsnapshot.conf).

Thread
    Hi, In the raw rsnapshot, one can define specific exclusion and inclusion rules. How can/should we achieve this using the OMV plugin? Beside, is /etc/rsnapshot.conf used at all when using the OMV plugin? If so, how? E.g do OMV settings override…
  • AdmiralRaccoon -

Replied to the thread OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1.

Hello, I´ve installed OMV on an Odroid HC2. I intended to use a 1 TB Samsung Evo 840 SSD in the first place, but after I mounted the SSD within the WebGUI, i got "Communication Failure" Pop-ups all the time. There was no chance of configuring OMV…
  • PepeOMV -

Replied to the thread My NAS move from FreeNAS Muad Dib to OMV on a new systems..

Hi guys, more good news! E45M1-I Deluxe can boot from both USB and the IDE drive attached via USB. Yesterday night I was able to install. Something must have been wrong with the USB sticks, the board was a bit this and that about my selection of…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.3 Moving lots of DOS files to data drive in OMV3?.

You can do this e.g. mit Midnight Commander. There are several threads in the forum about how to do local copying of files. Do a forum search for "Midnight Commander".
  • Skyler7381 -

Posted the thread How to unencrypt?.

Thread
    Hi I have a 2tb HDD on omv encrypted using LUKS. How do I unencrypt the HDD? Thanks in advance Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  • SteveMann -

Posted the thread OMV 0.3 Moving lots of DOS files to data drive in OMV3?.

Thread
    What's the recommended way to copy lots of DOS files (specifically, the filenames aren't Linux-friendly) from disparate hard-disk drives to a 2Tb data drive (/etc/sdb) in my OMV3 system? If I have to, I can do it over the LAN from a PC with a USB disk…
  • Markess -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Help me learn!.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Fliggle_Slaps: “I absolutely preferred ZFS and RAIDZ but the RAM requirements are quite high. ” If you know what you're doing and are able to spot 'BS copy&pasted over and over again' then NOT. Applies to both the '1GB of DRAM per 1TB of
  • TheLostSwede -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Core i7-6700k custom build.

Like (Post)
    Quote from jollyrogr: “Just my preference. Liquid coolers aren't as reliable as air coolers. For a desktop machine, ok, but for a server components should be chosen with function and reliability in mind and air cooling is the way to go. I'd hate to…
  • TheLostSwede -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Core i7-6700k custom build.

Sorry about the pictures, hopefully they'll work now. For some reason I couldn't submit the post with the pictures initially, not sure what went wrong. The liquid cooler is there because the case has zero space for an air cooler. The designer of the…