News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

GUI Based steps for destroying RAID with LUKS and starting again

flmaxey

Impossible to mount file sustem : Structure needs cleaning

piet

Error while applying config changes

what is taking up so much space on the boot drive?

Menz

raid5 disk failure.

• JimT
  • gelo

gelo

Recent Activities

• Quote from ala.frosty: “I'm not sure if this matters, but the "OMV-Extras" was NOT in the default list of plugins on the 4.1.3 DVD and I had to download it from omv-extras.org. ” That is correct. omv-extras has never been included with any official…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x GUI Based steps for destroying RAID with LUKS and starting again.

You have the right idea. Everything you've configured should be removed in reverse order. (While that might seem to be a pain, it's actually logical. Otherwise, a click or two of the mouse could destroy hours worth of work and data as well.) If
  • piet -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Impossible to mount file sustem : Structure needs cleaning.

Thank you. I tried this Source Code (1 line)There are a lot of inode error. But everything is ok now. And I can mount the file system. Great.
  • piet -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Impossible to mount file sustem : Structure needs cleaning.

• Dunkelheit -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Error while applying config changes.

Thread
    I have been using OMV for about 6 months now and I have had a great experience until recently. After installing Docker CE repo I started to get some weird errors that didn't noticeably break anything until yesterday, whenever I try to apply config…
  • Menz -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x what is taking up so much space on the boot drive?.

hello @gderf thanks for the help and sorry for bouncing and asking too many questions all over the place. so i did some research, as i am a noob, and found to make a drive exec was to remove noexec from the /etc/fstab file. i did that and rebooted. is…
  • Before starting a new thread you should read the replies to your existing thread. The answer to question 2) is there. My OMV system drive is a 16GB Samsung SSD with a little over 7GB of it used. I have three years of OMV use on that drive and I can not…
  • gelo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x raid5 disk failure..

Hello, folks, ask for the help. First of all, I'm not a LINUX expert. Use only for me. I had the same problem with RAID5. Performed the steps described above. With putty I get the following output: Source Code (52 lines) Via WEBUI I get the following…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread recommendations please...seems i need to rebuild my server thanks to docker.

Before starting a new thread you should read the replies to your existing thread. The answer to question 2) is there. My OMV system drive is a 16GB Samsung SSD with a little over 7GB of it used. I have three years of OMV use on that drive and I can not…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot see Disks in Raid menu.

I assume with "already wiped" you mean you have done it by the button in the GUI of OMV. Did you have ZFS on the drives (e.g from previous use with other NAS systems). If yes, search the forum for "wipefs" and you fill find some threads how to deal with…