openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hiya all...

Sorry, but I'm a total Linux newbie. I followed tkaiser's guide (thanks tkaiser ☺️) and installed/configured OMV 4.x on an Orangepi PC2. Setup the drive as EXT4, created home directories, setup users (family) etc. Everything works fine. Decided to copy some music files from my wife's Windows 7 PC. Unfortunately, any files with French accents (e.g. "C'était la dernière fois") aren't getting copied over, I suspect that this has to do with encoding (UTF16 V vs. UTF8?). Is there any command line command that I can use so these files get copied over? I've searched online, but haven't been able to find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Greg
  • New

I have installed OMV latest and as usual I installed and then booted with GPARTED to resize the Boot Partition to 32GB and use the remaining 400GB+ for /home

Problem is on the latest release, openmediavault_4.1.3-amd64, after using GPARTED to perform any type of resizing the system reboots to a BUS ERROR and goes no further.

I have done this many times in the past and am not quite sure what's happening here.
  • New

Hi Everyone

I just changed my configuration (new motherboard AMD Gt48E) to upgrade from 2 to 4 SATA ports and 3 seagate ironwolf HDD (6/6/8Tb).The previous configuration was already working well with the two 6TB disks.
    Reinstalled OMV 413-1 with no particular issues
    Still, when I log in through the web administration to check the disks and smart tabs, the popup Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatus6VYv9h' (size=0) error appears and the temperature reading is n/a
    Tried to update or to install the disk monitor plugin, but another error message comes in the log (see screen capture)
    Except from that, everything works good with network and SMB sharing...
    What is wrong?

all my best

Hyperg

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Issues copying files from Windows share

Use Entire 500GB SSD / GPARTED Causes BUS ERROR

can't install plugins or updates on OMV 413-1 - no disk monitor available

hyperg

Root login issue

Jieta25460

Nextcloud, your personal cloud server, GNU nano blank page

TechnoDadLife

Recent Activities

• BorgHead -

Posted the thread Issues copying files from Windows share.

Thread
    Hiya all... Sorry, but I'm a total Linux newbie. I followed tkaiser's guide (thanks tkaiser ☺️) and installed/configured OMV 4.x on an Orangepi PC2. Setup the drive as EXT4, created home directories, setup users (family) etc. Everything works fine.…
  • sjdaniels -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Use Entire 500GB SSD / GPARTED Causes BUS ERROR.

Thread
    I have installed OMV latest and as usual I installed and then booted with GPARTED to resize the Boot Partition to 32GB and use the remaining 400GB+ for /home Problem is on the latest release, openmediavault_4.1.3-amd64, after using GPARTED to perform…
  • hyperg -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x can't install plugins or updates on OMV 413-1 - no disk monitor available.

Thanks for your kind support & suggestion. Allthough DNS (8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4) were set according to my initial guidelines. does not change the issue, same error message...
  • Jieta25460 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Root login issue.

I know used a desktop environment on the box isn't recommended but it's simpliest for me to do like this. This is the output of command lines.
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Jieta25460: “This is what I have obtained with the df -h command ” The root filesystem isn't full but it sure looks like you are using Ubuntu and you are definitely running a desktop environment on the box (which is not recommended). What…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread Nextcloud, your personal cloud server, GNU nano blank page.

I haven't done this. Why don't you ask the people who have done it.
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced.

youtu.be/zxcerWIiVlw Today, we set our Openmediavault server to Sleep, Wake, use Wake On Lan to Wake other computers on our Network and Reset Permissions if we mess things up.
  • Jieta25460 -

This is what I have obtained with the df -h command
  • .H. -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How Rebuilt my old ZFS Pool.