openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi,

My raid 6 array won't work on kernel higher than 4.14 bpo3.
    If I try 4.19, my Raid array block:

Source Code

1. Jan 18 14:59:52 BigNAS kernel: [ 363.708804] INFO: task md127_raid6:270 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
    2. Jan 18 14:59:52 BigNAS kernel: [ 363.708873] Tainted: G U E 4.19.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 #1 Debian 4.19.12-1~bpo9+1
    3. Jan 18 14:59:52 BigNAS kernel: [ 363.708953] "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.
    4. Jan 18 14:59:52 BigNAS kernel: [ 363.709030] md127_raid6 D 0 270 2 0x80000000
    I try all 4.18 and 4.19 kernel and it block my Raid array
    The 4.14 kernel is no more available in OMVExtra on my OMV Gui
    Is there a way for reinstall this kernel??
    Thanks
  • New

Using the Web gui I can't seem to get rsync to work.

I am trying to backup my openmediavault box to another nas.

I keep getting an error no matter what I try.

Rsync error: permission denied, please try again.

Trying private key: /root/.ssh/id_rsa
    Next authentication method: password
    Read_passphrase: can't open /dev/tty: no such device or address.
    Authentication that can continue: publickey,password
    Permission denied, please try again
    Read_passphrase: can't open /dev/tty: no such device or address
    Permission denied (publickey,password).

Unexplained error code 255.

I am using username/password to authenticate.

I have manually ssh to the remote nas from openmediavault and vise versa to get keys in the known host files.

Seems as though rsync does not like username and pass for authentication and wants to try publickey.
  • New

What's up guys? 3 year OMV user. Absolutely love it! Anyways, I just ordered and received 32GB more DDR4 to go with the 64GB that I currently have. Also, I ordered 2x 512GB Intel 660p drives. Added those via PCI-E to a Supermicro x10dri board. One of the SSDs is setup as my boot drive, and I'm trying to decide what to do with the second one. I was thinking about using it to run my VMs, but I don't really have many VMs. I can run them on the boot drive if necessary. I usually only run one Windows VM. Normal ZFS array is 4x8TB 7200rpm disks in raidz configuration. Hoping to upgrade to 10TB sometime soon. My question is, would it be beneficial to setup L2ARC on the second NVME? Should I use the entire disk for L2ARC if so? Mostly the server is used for Plex, and some linux iso sharing ;). Also, I run some web apps from docker containers. I think only one of them uses databases. Nextcloud. Figure this should go on one of the SSDs. Anyways, please give me some input on how I should…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Various problems getting started with Odroid HC (best practice)

Adoby

NUT UPS Plugin - unable to configure the ups

baldy

update finished with errors

macom

Plex Media Server ERROR

macom

Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x

wombat

Recent Activities

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread Various problems getting started with Odroid HC (best practice).

My hdd has write caching enabled by default. I think that is true for most NAS hdds. Check what this command says: dmesg | grep "Write cache" For me with a Seagate Ironwolf it says: [ 34.555732] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: enabled, read cache:…
  • baldy -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NUT UPS Plugin - unable to configure the ups.

Sorry for the delay - This patch gives me this in the error dialog - Source Code (17 lines)
  • youtu.be/0KC2-DDwHmg Today,we install FileZilla is a FTP file management tool on Openmediavault.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x update finished with errors.

You can ignore the weakref.py error. There are many posts about it. To get rid of the error: wget -O /usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py https://raw.githubusercontent.com/python/cpython/9cd7e17640a49635d1c1f8c2989578a8fc2c1de6/Lib/weakref.py
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Plex Media Server ERROR.

Did you do what is suggested? Quote from Maxi: “See "systemctl status plexmediaserver.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. ” However, it is suggested to use plex in docker. It is really easy to set up.
  • wombat -

Replied to the thread Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x.

Will not you switch to a newer Python package? 3.5+. Clear, I understand that this is a cosmetic problem and can be manually repaired. But I do not understand why 2 years ago this has not moved anywhere and this "problem" is visible at every…
  • budpad -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to login to MariaDB, "Acess Denied".

Understood - actually same for me with understanding the stuff. But I also want to know, why linuxserver.io instead of original docker image of nextcloud.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install bitwarden.

Just installed it on a VM. Unfortunately it did not complete as the drive is too small. System requirements says 10GB of disk space. It is installing in Docker. You end up with a number of container that are visible in docker-gui-plugin, Before…
  • GuyFromMars -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to login to MariaDB, "Acess Denied".

Because, as a beginner, I want to follow tutorials, until I understand the software myself. Technodad happens to be very active here on OMV with extensive tutorials. Unfortunately, I have run into a number of hiccups. ...Since I dual-boot, I was hoping…
  • camjesus2 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Disk Usage empty.

WOW! One goes to bed and all Hell brakes loose... Ok.So, details: 1) OMV 4.1.19-1 2) Kernel 4.18.0-0.bpo.3-amd64 3) zfs 0.7.12-1~bpo9+1 A few more (ir)relevant details: 1) disks encrypted with luks 3.0.5/cryptsetup 1.7.3-4 2) zfs and luks (mostly)…