openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I use two WD Red 6 TB each in Luks encrypted, unlocked at boot, and in an ZFS morror pool integrated.

SMART send me an notification, that there are 16 pendig sectors, 0 allocated, 0 offline uncorrectable and 1 multizone error. The day before yesterday I got the notification from weekly SMART self check that the multizone error was discovered, today I received the notification about the pending sectors.

The pending sectors wait for their reallocation, how can I force this or trigger this?

The ZFS pool is still availabe, backups are done already.

Is the removal of the disk, zero whipe it, encrypt it again and adding it back to the ZFS mirror pool an solution?
  • New

Hallo,

irgendwie verstehe ich die von OMV automatisch angelegten Partitionen nicht so ganz ?!

Ich nutze für OMV eine NVME M2 Platte.

- p1 wird irgendwas fürs System sein
    - p2 wird die eigentliche System Partition sein, oder
    - p3 kann ich als Frei nutzen und auch Daten darauf ablegen (Zur Zeit nutze ich diese unter anderem für die Plex Datenbank)

Wie jedoch zu sehen ist, wird p2 bald voll !!! Dies passiert leider immer wieder mal das sie voll ist und ich komme dann nicht mir übers WebUI auf den Server.
    Dann muss ich per SSH immer erstmal Log Dateien löschen damit es wieder läuft.

Dies würde ich gerne vermeiden ...

- Zum einen was kann ich tun, das die Partition nicht immer wieder mit Log Dateien und Aktualisierungsreste etc zufüllt ?

- Des weiteren, wie kann ich die Partition vergrößern ? Oder dem System sagen das es auch p4 nutzen kann ?

- Warum heißt p4 Systemplatte ?

Ich hoffe ihr könnt mir weiterhelfen

Grüße & Danke vorab
    Torsten
  • New

I hope it's the right session.
    I'm new to linux and omw and I would like to know how to access the cards I created and then move the files inside.
    do I have to log in as root or as a simple user?
    if I do cd / home and then ls -l I can not find folders and if I do cd /New folder directly appears bash: cd: / new folder: File or directory does not exist,
    where am I wrong?
    sorry but I'm a newbie and sorry for the english :/

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

New to OMV...

tkaiser

MPD Server Guide?

flmaxey

Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x

ggibeau

Issues copying files from Windows share

BorgHead

Force reallocation of pending sectors

subzero79

Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread New to OMV....

Quote from razvanrudy: “Maybe a noob question but how do you use this 5 ( or the 4 with OMV) ? ” 'adoby hc2 site:forum.openmediavault.org'
  • flmaxey -

Quote from razvanrudy: “1. Maybe a noob question but how do you use this 5 ( or the 4 with OMV) ? Are they separate servers or some how they form a single server? 2. What about transcoding ( I know this is one of the most power hungry operation) they…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from razvanrudy: “What about transcoding ( I know this is one of the most power hungry operation) ” The ARM SoCs all have powerful dedicated video engines (since these platforms are designed for exactly this use case -- encoding and decoding…
  • razvanrudy -

Still digging on the forum and trying to get the informations about this. Maybe a noob question but how do you use this 5 ( or the 4 with OMV) ? Are they separate servers or some how they form a single server? What about transcoding ( I know this is…
  • flmaxey -

Really it depends on your budget, the performance you're looking for, and whether or not virtualization or heavy usage of Dockers is likely. For the widest selection of Dockers and the ability to run virtual guests with desktops, you'd need an X64…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MPD Server Guide?.

I'm pretty sure the Docker itself wouldn't be too hard to set up. But again, part of knowing if the Docker is working correctly is knowing how to use the app or server the Docker is running. You're right, in that running any server is best done in a…
  • Adoby -

There is a whole thread on efficent SBCs. I have good experience with ODROID HC2s. I use 5 of them for streaming, storage and backups. 4 of them with OMV. One HC2 with a SSD for streaming media, from the other HC2s, and other server apps. The others…
  • ggibeau -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x.

root@omv2:~# cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid10] md127 : active (auto-read-only) raid5 sdc[1] sde[3] sdd[2] sdb[0] 8790405120 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [4/4]…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x.

Quote from ggibeau: “Run the command you referenced - from telnet "mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127" Reboot File System same - - not mounted and Missing Any other thoughts? Or should I just go back to 3.x and be happy. ” That command can only fix an…
  • ggibeau -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127 ” ran apt-update apt-get upgrade (nothing to upgrade) removed clamav plugin Ran in-place upgrade to go from 3.x to 4.x completed with no errors logged in via web u=interface here is what I see…