openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Cannot install USB plugin to create a backup

alocam

OMV 4 Reinstall issue with one HDD

jasonmcroy

Upgrading Hard Disks

BUG - Trying to mount 2 USB Volumes rResults in Retrying 1 Mount

Omv filesystem ?

ellnic

Recent Activities

• Markess -

Liked TheLostSwede’s post in the thread Selecting Hardware for "New" NAS.

Like (Post)
    Even second hand, the R630 seems to be going for around $2,000-3,000, so you'd be mad not to take it and put it up on eBay if nothing else. The Supermicro would most likely be the easiest one to work with, as you'll be able to easily replace things like…
  • alocam -

Replied to the thread Cannot install USB plugin to create a backup.

Thanks a lot for your help! I deleted the line you proposed, but all of the sudden, I can no longer gain access to GUI, it always shows 403 forbidden.... I am wondering whether it is possible to run a fresh install and keep the RAID discs with all…
  • jasonmcroy -

Replied to the thread OMV 4 Reinstall issue with one HDD.

I earlier today installed Ubuntu on the PC I had running OMV thinking I could just use that for a bit. However, it wouldn't read that same hard drive anymore either! Something about the guid table or something. So, I finally just bit the bullet and…
  • majorpayne -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Upgrading Hard Disks.

Thread
    Hey all, I'm currently purchasing 8 TB RED drives to replace the current 2tb,3,tb,4tb drives. I'm currently running Raid 5. What i want to know how do I replace the drives and still keep my data....
  • seed -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x BUG - Trying to mount 2 USB Volumes rResults in Retrying 1 Mount.

Thread
    I am trying to mount 2 USB volumes. The first works fine, sdj1 gets mounted. When I try and mount the second one, sdk1 it fails stating that sdj1 is already mounted.
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Omv filesystem ?.

If you’re writing an image to an SD card, there’s no need to format it first. It will be written in whatever format the image is. Utilities like Etcher probably use dd. Using dd for the purpose of writing an image to an SD card will write the SD…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 on Debian 9 problem install.

Those really are not shell scripts. It's confusing I agree. Do these on the cli one at a time. export LANG=C && export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive && export APT_LISTCHANGES_FRONTEND=none apt-get --allow-unauthenticated install openmediavault-keyring
  • steakhutzeee -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Installation Xu4 / HC2 Odroid.

Quote from mrperfektone: “I'm almost 100% sure it's your network card I get 90mb / s at 1000mbit :) - So it's very appropriate with 10mb / s at 100/100 :) ” Why this? How it works? Thanks :)
  • pinajj -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 on Debian 9 problem install.

Now the first script runs without errors. But the second (forum.openmediavault.org/index…OMV4-on-Debian-9-Stretch/) : Source Code (16 lines)??
  • mrperfektone -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Omv filesystem ?.

I can not say it more clearly :) - I'm using an Emmc module of 16 gb from Odroid, but according to Tkaiser, I'll do the following: "If you want to use this image on XU3 / XU4 together with an old hard core eMMC module, unfortunatly you will need an SD…