openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I installed OMV on an USB stick with no array disks attached to the mainboard. The stick was labeled /dev/sdb.

/dev/sda was the installation USB.

When I pull out the installation USB my OMV stick gets device number /dev/sda. This results in an error upon boot (but after grub loaded). I am redirected to the initramfs promt. The error is "ALERT! /dev/sdb1 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!"

This problem also persists when I plug my array disks in which will result in the stick getting a whole other device name then.

Why is it important which partition the root file system is on?

I have to add that this is just a setup to test if my original OMV on SSD with SATA connection has an error (probably). So, normaly I would install on SATA port. I am not sure if the SATA port gets the same label every time, also.

Blkid gives me all devices, 7 array disks, 2 usb sticks and the RAID. Is there any option to start from initramfs-prompt into the right root system now that I know which one to…
  • New

Buenas tardes, intento instalar un agujero por ventana y me sale el siguiente error:

Consulte 'Ejecutar ventana acoplable - ayuda'. en /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182 Rastreo de la pila: # 0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(607): OMV \ System \ Process-> execute () # 1 [función interna]: OMVRpcServiceDocker-> runContainer (Array, Array) # 2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array (Array, Array) # 3 / usr / share / php /openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV \ Rpc \ ServiceAbstract-> callMethod ('runContainer', Array, Array) # 4 / usr / sbin / omv-engined (536): OMV \ Rpc \ Rpc :: llamar al ('estibador', 'runContainer', array, array, 1) # 5 {main}
    En
    Como puedo solucionarlo? En

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

What to do if hardware fail?

geaves

Error msg while installing docker plugin

PC_Pal68

Why is my RAID array not active?

bvrulez

low start because of the network?

geaves

New Help me choose OMV

KM0201

Recent Activities

• geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Quote from Marfio: “Mmmm.... probably the best thing is to find a PCI express sata controller (not a RAID)... and connect the disk to there.... ” Looks like it, is the controller fitted to the drive cage then connected to the board? Edit: Found the…
  • PC_Pal68 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error msg while installing docker plugin.

Quote from KM0201: “log in on the console or via ssh as root apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get dist-upgrade when that's all done, apt-get -f install The docker plugin install was (not sure if it still is) was broken. That should fix the…
  • geaves -

Liked bvrulez’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Why is my RAID array not active?.

Like (Post)
    Stopping the array will make it disappear (from /dev/md127). Then it is not possible to add a disk any more. I used mdadm --assemble --scan (after stopping it) and then added the disk. The GUI did not know about my (inactive) array. So I could not…
  • bvrulez -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Why is my RAID array not active?.

Stopping the array will make it disappear (from /dev/md127). Then it is not possible to add a disk any more. I used mdadm --assemble --scan (after stopping it) and then added the disk. The GUI did not know about my (inactive) array. So I could not…
  • PC_Pal68 -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Error msg while installing docker plugin.

Like (Post)
    log in on the console or via ssh as root apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get dist-upgrade when that's all done, apt-get -f install The docker plugin install was (not sure if it still is) was broken. That should fix the problem.
  • Marfio -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Mmmm.... probably the best thing is to find a PCI express sata controller (not a RAID)... and connect the disk to there....
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x low start because of the network?.

No picture :) and what is your hardware when you say pc?
  • Darknesse -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x low start because of the network?.

Thread
    Hello, I just finished installing omv 4 on my pc. After that I noticed that it took a lot of time to start, in fact I have the impression that at each startup it must search the connection to the internet. I put you below a picture of the page in…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error msg while installing docker plugin.

log in on the console or via ssh as root apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get dist-upgrade when that's all done, apt-get -f install The docker plugin install was (not sure if it still is) was broken. That should fix the problem.
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread New Help me choose OMV.

Quote from borngborn: “Quote from KM0201: “I guess if you really must know if this will work (I'm assuming it probably would work w/ Debian) Install Debian 9 to a USB flash drive. Boot Debian 9 Follow those instructions See if you get the desired…