openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I have just wasted several hours of my life trying to install OMV from a USB to a USB.

The symptom: every time the install stage got to creating the partition/filesystem, it would error out saying it couldn't create it. Tried different USB sticks. Was able to install from a USB stick to an actual USB HD, but never to another USB stick.

Was using 3.0.94. Finally as a last resort, I tried 3.0.86 and the install worked perfectly.

My conclusion? Something not right about 3.0.94. Don't know if it's a problem with the installer, or my old hardware, but it definitely doesn't work with my setup (which has been running the latest version of OMV for several years). I've always upgraded OMV through the web interface until recently when my USB stick shot craps and I had to reinstall OMV.
  • New

Hey OMV folks, I've been wanting to start keeping track of my recipes, and I've found some decent looking open source programs, but I would really like to have a central database so I can access all my recipes from any device I choose.

Is there something in OMV or a plugin that would be well suited to this task?

Otherwise, is there enough interest for someone to implement this for us?

Beyond that, with my minimal programming knowledge would it be possible to get a web based recipe manager up and running on my NAS?

Some promising prospects seem to be:
    -PHPRecipBook, a Apache and PHP based system. phprecipebook.sourceforge.net/docs.php
    -OpenEats, a python and django based program. github.com/qgriffith/OpenEats

This is new ground to me, so any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

How to enable Flash Memory plugin?

starion

Docker - deluge plugin problems

bmhj2

NextCloud Installation Q & A

tinh_x7

Installing OMV on USB HDD

macom

Problem with the installation of plexmediaserver

Kutsche

Recent Activities

• starion -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Resolved How to enable Flash Memory plugin?.

So, how does one verify that it is enabled and running? I can see no indication anywhere.
  • openletter -

Liked thegandalf’s post in the thread OMV 4.x (testing) 3rd-party [HowTo] OMV 4.x LUKS Full Disk Encryption, unlock via SSH.

Like (Post)
    Installation of OMV 4.x LUKS with full disk encryption of the root device, unlockable via SSH Introduction As a personal endeavour I wanted to achieve a full encrypted OMV system. I had to do the setup several times, as I kept forgetting some trivial…
  • bmhj2 -

Replied to the thread Docker - deluge plugin problems.

Please ignore this - it was something obvious, and I have just - to my astonishment - worked this out.
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) NextCloud Installation Q & A.

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Installing OMV on USB HDD.

It is ok, if you use the flashmemory-plugin.
  • Kutsche -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Resolved Problem with the installation of plexmediaserver.

Hello, this problem is solved. Thank you. greeting Kutsche
  • Kutsche -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Integration of RAID from OMV 3 into OMV 4.

Hello, And how can I solve it Greats Kutsche
  • TrickyTrix -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Installing OMV on USB HDD.

Thread
    I read that installing on USB flash or SD card is discouraged because of excessive read-write operations. I used my 2 motherboard SATA ports for RAID1 configuration and thought about installing OMV on USB hard disk (I already have 100GB one that I never…
  • riff-raff -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) MySQL no root access.

The mySQL bug prevents me right now from upgrading to a fresh OMV4. I prefer a fresh setup. I tried a upgrade from a running OMV3 to OMV4 with MySQL etc. running and it worked as well.