openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Grew RAID5 cant grow filesystem, only spare?

JDMorrison

Solved? OMV and software raid 5

flmaxey

Virtualbox + OVM 3.0.89, kernel 3.16.0

ryecoaaron

Not work MySQL backup

ryecoaaron

New user - Need help with starting

DJDJDJDJ

Recent Activities

• JDMorrison -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Grew RAID5 cant grow filesystem, only spare?.

Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from JDMorrison: “Adding a fifth drive to my array via the GUI only added it as a spare. I went to the console and entered mdam --grow --raid-devices=5 /dev/md0 Now the new drive is part of the array and the RAID is…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Solved? OMV and software raid 5.

@bookie56 Since it's in your experience, I have a question for you. I have a PC that's getting really old. It's an AMD Athlon, 2 core with 3GB running Vista. I've been using it for office stuff, technical drawing with older packages, and running…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Grew RAID5 cant grow filesystem, only spare?.

Quote from JDMorrison: “Adding a fifth drive to my array via the GUI only added it as a spare. I went to the console and entered mdam --grow --raid-devices=5 /dev/md0 Now the new drive is part of the array and the RAID is reshaping. ” If you have 5…
  • flmaxey -

Liked Wek’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved SMB share not working correcly with ricoh scanner (smb1\2\3 issue).

Like (Post)
    Totally agree with you @flmaxey about the poor security hopping around especially with those "OEM's hardware for Office" it's insane to overlook something so simple like make it work properly with a secure samba share, I mean how much difficult is it to…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Virtualbox + OVM 3.0.89, kernel 3.16.0.

You probably don't have the kernel headers installed for that kernel.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Not work MySQL backup.

Quote from dzooky: “I've checked /dev/disk/by-uuid and I don't have link with this uuid ” That is the uuid of the shared folder in the database not the disk uuid. What is the output of: mysqldump
  • DJDJDJDJ -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x New user - Need help with starting.

Quote from macom: “Did you read this? New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images ” Thank you. I sure did not see this one. Do you know what size SD card I need for this? I know the image is around 4GB. Would an 8GB card work? Don't know how much storage…
  • DJDJDJDJ -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 3.x New user - Need help with starting.

Like (Post)
    Quote from DJDJDJDJ: “I have looked around for a guide ” But ignored the readme at the download location. Use Etcher. If Etcher reports problems it's the SD card or your card reader, if Etcher tells you burning succeeded at least the image has been…
  • DJDJDJDJ -

Liked richprim’s post in the thread OMV 3.x New user - Need help with starting.

Like (Post)
    Use etcher.io Best little SD card burner around and it free! Even burns some compressed files like zip files It also checks you SD card for errors. Rich Prim