openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pinned Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

esbeeb

Raid 10 fails every time (2 devices fail)

flmaxey

My docker died

The Class E Network

flmaxey

rsnapshot plugin pre and post execution scripts?

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• esbeeb -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from tkaiser: “If data corruption happened then btrfs will tell you. You can't make data corruption go away by switching to a more primitive filesystem like ext4 that does no integrity checking. ” Yes, I've decided to go back to btrfs for that…
  • esbeeb -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Like (Post)
    Quote from esbeeb: “I'm using SMB3.11, I got this by running the "smbstatus" command ” You do not get the SMB version/dialect this way since client and server negotiate this dynamically. But since you haven't changed settings at least you're not…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid 10 fails every time (2 devices fail).

Quote from mawyman2316: “Upon creating the raid it never seems to finish resyncing and upon creating a file system the first 2 drives will fail and the raid will become (clean, degraded). ” First, the array must finish the initial sync before putting a…
  • itsmyst -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x My docker died.

Thread
    Hello, No idea what happened. None of my docker containers were running when I tried to connect to them only to notice that in OMV's dashboard docker is enabled but not running. Tried restarting the server but it's still dead. OMV throws a bunch of…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “When you su to root, you need to do su - to include the environment variables and paths. ” I've done the script install before and it didn't require su - but that was then and this is now. I verified the variables and paths…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from flmaxey: “dpkg -i (above) still didn't work. It wouldn't install with a note about two files not being in the path or executable. ” When you su to root, you need to do su - to include the environment variables and paths. Doesn't matter…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “wget packages.openmediavault.org/pu…vault-keyring_1.0_all.deb dpkg -i openmediavault-keyring_1.0_all.deb ” While the first command pulled the keyring: dpkg -i (above) still didn't work. It wouldn't install with a note about two…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x rsnapshot plugin pre and post execution scripts?.

No. The plugin would require a change for that.
  • Gratz -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x openmediavault-letsencrypt.

I have upgraded from OMV 3.x to 4.x, and Let's Encrypt used to work, but now it doesn't. I have tried everything 5 times: Forwarding ports, reinstalling plugin, updating everything incl. OMV-Extras, running apt clean, checking DNS-settings, asking…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Trying to swap drives in RAID1 but RAID is missing.

Quote from cghill: “I will give it a try so I can sunset my DS211j ” If you're happy with OMV, and I believe you will be, don't strip the drives out of the DS211j and just "pitch" it. There's nothing like a second device for platform independent…