openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Copy files internally via ssh allowed?

KM0201

How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?

flmaxey

SATA card

flmaxey

Raspberry Pi - Why?

JohnStiles

Problem with CPU under-clocking in Odroid HC1

JohnStiles

Recent Activities

• KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Copy files internally via ssh allowed?.

Can't say I've had the first two issues in the past, but I've cp'd something as root (quite a few times), which caused a particular file to have a completely different set of permissions than the other files in a particular directory, and something not…
  • KM0201 -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Copy files internally via ssh allowed?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from KM0201: “The cp command is pretty good.. but as tkaiser (basically) said. I would run it as a user... not as root. ” Sorry, misunderstanding. I was talking about different things since we're talking about the NAS use case here. -
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

If you're looking for an easy way to backup and restore a boot drive, take a look at this -> guide. If you're willing to boot from a USB thumbdrive (they work fine in most use cases), cloning the drive and restoring is dirt simple. The same process will…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread SATA card.

Quote from chclark: “do you find the card needs cooling on some of the uk listings it says a 40mm fan needs attaching. ” I've found that these controllers run hot. In fact, I entertained the idea of rigging/attaching a small GPU fan to the heat…
  • JohnStiles -

Replied to the thread Raspberry Pi - Why?.

Quote from tkaiser: “I guess it's just defaults. ZFS default is to try to eat up as much RAM as possible for the ARC (a cache that is of close to zero use for home/SOHO NAS boxes) and by simply adjusting one or two tunables you get a ZFS NAS with just…
  • JohnStiles -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with CPU under-clocking in Odroid HC1.

Quote from tkaiser: “Ask Igor. I got pretty tired of dealing with these issues again and again. I mean... I use Debian (AKA 'everything outdated as hell') for just one single reason: the 'stable' promise. But what do I gain from a distro that is stable…
  • flvinny521 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Raspberry Pi - Why?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from tkaiser: “Maybe an announcement thread could highlight all the shortcomings of using an RPi ” No one would read it just like all of the other announcement threads.
  • To save the config.xml (For reference) Do I use SSH and do cat or copy function? I'm rusty with Linux.
  • bugado -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Jdownloader 2 with VPN.

@becomebasti, can you tell me where did you block? So I can help you. This way works like a charm for me, since November 2018.
  • Blabla -

Replied to the thread bitwarden question.

For what I know it's still a fork. It's even wrote on the homepage of github: This project is not associated with the Bitwarden project nor 8bit Solutions LLC. (github.com/dani-garcia/bitwarden_rs) .