openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hey guys,

I have set up OMV for a small office. What I have to far is one PC acting as NAS, with two shared folders. I am trying to find a way now to sync the documents folders from 3 other computers to the PC running OMV, so that the setup will look like this:

Shared Folder 1
    Shared Folder 2
    PC1 Documents and Desktop folders (Mac)

PC2 [b]Documents and Desktop folders (Mac)[/b]
    PC3 [b]Documents and Desktop folders (Windows)[/b]

I have the first two shared folders setup, but battling to figure out how to sync the Documents and Desktop folders of each computer ?( I might be missing something obvious, but please forgive me as I have only tried out OMV since today.

Another thing that is puzzling me is that I can read/write in the shared folders from Windows and Mac machines, but not from a Linux machine (ElementaryOS). If anyone could give me a clue on that as well, I'd really appreciate it! Ah, it was a problem with the ACL settings.

Thanks so much in advance!
  • New

Hey So I read the above pined post and it had lots of good information but I'm still unsure of what to go wit. Option seem to be:

SSD:
    With the falling price of SSD's I can get a 120GB SSD for around $30-$40 Canadian. it won't be the best brand but it won't be a garbage no name direct from china brand either (i.e. ADATA or Kingston, maybe Crucial)
    Pro's:
    Big
    Fast
    Guaranteed trim support
    Cons:
    A little more expensive
    Uses a SATA port (though that's not a big deal for me right now)

USB flash drive:
    Pros:
    CHEAP! (<$15 for a Sandisk 32GB USB3.0 drive)
    Small
    Cons:
    Unknown reliability (though Sandisk brand helps in this respect)
    No TRIM support

SD Card and card reader:
    Pros:
    Possible trim support?
    Cons:
    A 32GB card + Card reader will be in the $30-$40 range (same as the SSD)
    No guarantee I'll be able to get TRIM working. I did an experiment with my current SD card and card reader on a Ubuntu 16.04 system and was not able to get trim working. I'd hate to spend all this time and money just…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV fails to start a web server

ryecoaaron

disk unmounted alone

klunkerbus

Sync multiple computers to PC running OMV

Adoby

Letsencrypt with own domain fail

syrusstk

OpenmediaVault 3.0.99 (erasmus) on Odroid C1+ CRASHES/ FREEZES every few days - how to solve

hanscie

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved OMV fails to start a web server.

Quote from Nefertiti: “Password not accepted in putty ” Those commands can't be entered into the username or password field in putty. You have to login locally (not ssh or putty but with a keyboard and monitor) as root. Then execute the command. …
  • klunkerbus -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x disk unmounted alone.

FWIW - My setup: Odroid HC2 with WD 4TB red plugged right into the HC2. Running OMV 4.1.12 with kernel Linux 4.4.69-odroidxu4. This single-drive HC2 is used as a basic plex server, using the isioarmhf/plex docker. I can confirm that in both of my…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sync multiple computers to PC running OMV.

I assume that you are talking about having versioned backups of the desktop and documents folder on the PCs synced to the NAS now and then? You can setup the PCs to run a script every time it boots. Or at certain times. And have the script use a sync…
  • syrusstk -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Letsencrypt with own domain fail.

can you screenshot the index page you are seeing ?
  • This was not magic, It was, as it says above, a power supply problem. It was solved by tweaking the power usage (again: see above) Now repeating this because of a new setup. Still seems to work - no magic involved Regards, HC
  • Bonecracker -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Letsencrypt with own domain fail.

My nextcloud.subdomain.conf looks like this: server { listen 443 ssl; server_name nextcloud.*; include /config/nginx/ssl.conf; client_max_body_size 0; location / { include /config/nginx/proxy.conf; resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s; set…
  • cracksilver -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 3.x no web-gui access after do normal stuff.

MacBook is in perfect condition. I just reinstall OMV now from DVD no problems right now :) Looking forward to use it again.... cracksilver
  • guit4eva -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Sync multiple computers to PC running OMV.

Thread
    Hey guys, I have set up OMV for a small office. What I have to far is one PC acting as NAS, with two shared folders. I am trying to find a way now to sync the documents folders from 3 other computers to the PC running OMV, so that the setup will look…
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread Cannot access web gui on new OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img install.

Quote from aysun168: “vi /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmediavault-webgui listen [::]:80 ipv6only=off; comment out: #listen [::]:80 ipv6only=off; ” Maybe this is the error the port 80 need to be on I suppose.
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread Cannot access web gui on new OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img install.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Nefertiti: “I wish I could but root is not allowed until we give access in the GUI catch 22. ” I meant plug a keyboard and monitor into it and login as root. ” My wireless usb logitech is not detected and tru…