openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Installation Problems

mgjsmith

Port Forward

jollyrogr

Enough of Rpi, now what?

geaves

ServerOne Il Server NAS per Open Media Vault

AleMagna

RAID 1: how recover RAID and data?

tkaiser

Recent Activities

• jollyrogr -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread RAID 1: how recover RAID and data?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Judibet: “RAID > 0 is used to avoid Data Lost ” Wrong. If you play RAID you need backup. 'RAID > 0' is about availability and not data protection as you might be able to realize right now. Next time better implement data protection…
  • jollyrogr -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread RAID 1: how recover RAID and data?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Judibet: “To avoid mistake and data lost, what please I have to do? ” Do backup the next time. RAID is not backup and no one needs RAID at home.
  • mgjsmith -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Installation Problems.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from mgjsmith: “I assume this is a BIOS Boot problem. Excuse my lack of expertise! ” How did you install? CD or from another USB. Put up your full m'board info, make model etc. ” I have successfully installed the OS onto…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Port Forward.

Please don't. Use a VPN if you need to access your server from outside your network.
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Which video guides would you like to see? {Poll}.

Like (Post)
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked evilfootware’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Which video guides would you like to see? {Poll}.

Like (Post)
    voted. Netdata and unifi controller/unifi video would be good videos
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Which video guides would you like to see? {Poll}.

Like (Post)
    How about something for Urbackup, for beginners? Something like: 1. Installing the plugin - create an admin user. 2. How to relocate the client backup save directory, from the boot drive, to a data disk. 3. Install the client side app., on a Windows…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Enough of Rpi, now what?.

The just anyhow would not go down well :)
  • geaves -

Quote from mgjsmith: “I assume this is a BIOS Boot problem. Excuse my lack of expertise! ” How did you install? CD or from another USB. Put up your full m'board info, make model etc.
  • mgjsmith -

In the meantime I decided to install the OS on a 16G USB drive with no data drives connected. When I boot, I get the following error messages: no devices listed in config file or automatically mdadm: no arrays found in config file or automatically Gave…