openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I'm planning on using something like this newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817576009 when I buy the Odroid HC-2.

My question in: After I install the first drive, mount it, create a share, etc and start to put data on it, but then I want to add in a second drive, and a third. Do I have to power off the enclosure in order to do so? And if so, would OMV remember the mount points and the created shares so that I don't have to re-do all of that each time I add in another drive?
  • New

Hi, Is there an ISO that is compatible with the Libre Computers AML-S905X-CC board?

I have tried to get OMV running on it by installing armbian, and then installing OMV, but either I have made a mistake or, I am just doing it all wrong (the most likely reason).

So if there is an ISO that is compatible with this board can someone point me in the right direction. Of if the board is useless for OMV (I use a Raspberry Pi 3 at the moment), let me know that too.

Thanks.
  • New

Trying to move from FreeNAS to OMV so I decided to test on a spare server.I have a 60gb boot drive with OMV installed. Boots up fine with only 1 HD. If plug in a 2TB drive to set it up as a "share" it fails on boot.
    If I hotswap the 2TB, I can quick wipe it but then when I try to setup a share I cannot select the hard drive in the browser. Its like the interface isnt working correctly. On reboot with a hard drive in as a data drive, I see the below pictured error.

pic of error:
    imgur.com/a/aNQMt
  • New

Hi all,

I can create a ZFS mirror pool from two unencrypted devices no problem but if I encrypt two devices with the LUKS plugin, unlock them and try to create ZFS pool, I get:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin;/sbin;/usr/bin;/usr/sbin;/user/local/bin;/usr/local/sbin;export LANG=C; zpool create "SEC2" mirror 2?&1' with exit code '1':invalid vdev specification:mirror requires at least 2 devices.

SEC2 is the name of the pool. I have selected two devices so it must be outputing that because it doesn't recognise the device properly or something. :P

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Firewall Log rule missing

subzero79

ZFS Pool on LUKS

subzero79

(Nginx) Oberflächenprobleme / alle Plugins defekt

votdev

HP microserver Gen10

bbm

Pre-purchase question about hard drive enclosures

tkaiser

Recent Activities

• subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Firewall Log rule missing.

You probably didn't press the save button
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) ZFS Pool on LUKS.

Quote from wez: “Thanks subzero, I'll try the terminal. ” ok, i still think is a bad idea this is gonna give you massive headaches. Luks and zfs are not friends in omv. If this is omv4 you're gonna have even more problems. Read here
  • wez -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) ZFS Pool on LUKS.

• votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) (Nginx) Oberflächenprobleme / alle Plugins defekt.

Das wird eine ziemliche Herausforderung das wieder ans laufen zu bringen. Zunächst musst du alle Plugins neu installieren Shell-Script (1 line)Anschliessend noch Shell-Script (1 line)
  • bbm -

Replied to the thread HP microserver Gen10.

Source Code (5 lines) Source Code (11 lines)Source Code (7 lines) Source Code (24 lines) Source Code (9 lines)
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Pre-purchase question about hard drive enclosures.

Quote from SilverBlade: “I'm planning on using something like this newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817576009 when I buy the Odroid HC-2. ” Weird combination. The ODROID-HC2 has 2 USB3 ports that are already used (one for Gigabit Ethernet, the…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Compatible ISO for LePotato?.

Quote from wonderbiscut: “Is there an ISO that is compatible with the Libre Computers AML-S905X-CC board? ” Nope. Boards with Fast Ethernet only are no good OMV candidates (and boards that use Micro USB for DC-IN without any undervoltage protection…
  • SilverBlade -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Pre-purchase question about hard drive enclosures.

Thread
    I'm planning on using something like this newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817576009 when I buy the Odroid HC-2. My question in: After I install the first drive, mount it, create a share, etc and start to put data on it, but then I want to add…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Data migration.

Assuming the data on your remote server is in network share: Have you tried the remote mount plugin? With remote mount you can set a user and password, which will get you into the remote servers share. At that point, the remote folder becomes the…
  • spinach -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread Data migration.

Like (Post)
    Let me know if you find this useful. openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…ation/services/rsync.html If something is missing I’ll add it. I think the last paragraph is misplaced should be at the end of client not server.