openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

HI, new to openmediavault.

I am trying to get the Remote Mount plugin working on a VM test system but it keeps throwing an Invalid RPC Response error. When I click show details it has the following

Source Code

1. Error #0:
    2. exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:186
    3. Stack trace:
    4. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'getList', Array, Array, 3)
    5. #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    6. #2 {main}
    If I click on File Systems under Storage I get the same error. Only way to get rid of it is to Delete the Remount Mount entry and reboot the server.

Any help on getting this working would be great…
  • New

Hi all,

Potential new user, looking to setup new NAS build for home. I've had an ubuntu server for a long time (and a couple ubuntu server VMs), but recently I was using my windows box as both a desktop & server. It had 4 drives in it, and I used a couple mirrored for important things (ie family photos), and left the other two for general media file use.
    Looking at what options I had for new build, as from what I've read, it doesn't sound like I could split the two 6TB drives into 2x3TB partitions, and mirror one from each disk? Any way to do something similar in OMV?
    I will consider just re-purposing the current old 4 drives into a backup NAS, but they're fairly old now (>50,000 hours).
    What are my options please?
    Thanks.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Docker GUI plugin now stable

dojrude

Docker - Folder settings

dojrude

NextCloud Installation Q & A

tinh_x7

New user setup - only 2 drives, mirror partitions?

Wimma

Permission denied on chmod and chown command - why?

subzero79

Recent Activities

• dojrude -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Docker GUI plugin now stable.

Has anyone played with the minio docker container (minio/mino)? It's an S3 compatible object storage container that I've been using as a crashplan replacement for local backups, which I've previously run from a binary, but thought I would give the docker…
  • dojrude -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Docker - Folder settings.

Sorry for not responding earlier, but I managed to get it all working in the end. What I didn't realize was that the container paths specified referenced root, i.e. /downloads /incomplete-downloads, where as SABnzbd was referencing them locally from the…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

I don't know how your system is setup. My NextCloud is installed on a RAID10, therefore it's under /media/UUID.... After you logged into Putty via SSH, run lsblk, then post the result here. You should able to get the UUID after you ran lsblk…
  • Wimma -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x New user setup - only 2 drives, mirror partitions?.

Quote from tkaiser: “You can do but most probably not from the OMV UI in a reasonable way. And since what you plan to do is bad anyway I won't further comment on this since RAID is not backup. ” It's bad to store a copy of important files across…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Permission denied on chmod and chown command - why?.

• jfromeo -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Plugins that are wanted - Part 5.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from jfromeo: “Nextcloud. Please ” Not gonna happen. There is a mysql plugin and nextcloud is a php app which can use the nginx plugin. Not making plugins from php apps anymore. There is a good nextcloud…
  • jfromeo -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 1.0 Plugins that are wanted - Part 5.

Like (Post)
    Quote from jfromeo: “Nextcloud. Please ” Not gonna happen. There is a mysql plugin and nextcloud is a php app which can use the nginx plugin. Not making plugins from php apps anymore. There is a good nextcloud installation thread on this forum.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Plugins that are wanted - Part 5.

Quote from jfromeo: “Nextcloud. Please ” Not gonna happen. There is a mysql plugin and nextcloud is a php app which can use the nginx plugin. Not making plugins from php apps anymore. There is a good nextcloud installation thread on this forum.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Remote Mount Invalid RPC Response.

Just tested a samba share on a fresh OMV 3.x VM. Worked fine. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm
  • mens -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Permission denied on chmod and chown command - why?.

Thanks for your answer, but what exactly should I try now to solve the problem?