openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello,

my NAS runs on OMV3.0.73 with 2xWD 3Tb disks in Raid1. Autoupdates are turned off and i never start updates manually. Very stable so far. I am normal home user and want the most stable system and no pressure to login if i dont want to.

Which strategy do you recommend to get the most stable system:
    A) no updates at all
    B) just some of them, for example if my WiFi isnt working anymore
    C) check every single update and decide, if i need it
    D) just get all of them
    For example "debconf1.5.56+debu8.1 - debian configuration management system" - sounds important, but do i need it? Or could it even cause problems? I have no idea....

If my questions are stupid, pls dont kill me.

Love this forum
    Chris
  • New

I noticed some weird intermittent problems on my network. At first I thought there was a problem with the router, but then I checked the server usage graphs and saw that the OMV box was periodically saturating the network connection to an absurd degree.

On the hourly graph the baseline noise at the bottom is me doing some file copying. The spikes are something entirely different. Somehow the server has sent out 335 Tb of network traffic this month, in these random spikes.

Has anyone seen this before? Any idea what's causing it?

• New

Hallo,

bin gerade von QNAP auf OMV 3.0.92 umgestiegen. Basis Debian 8.9 und dann OMV über apt installiert. Soweit läuft alles inzwischen wunderbar :)

Mein Frage:
    In der Aktualisierungsverwaltung tauchen jetzt diverse Einträge auf Kernel+gcc 4.9x incl. Headers auf.

apt-get upgrade bietet auch einige Updates an (s. Anhänge).

Kann mir jemand sagen, wie ich am besten vorgehen sollte? Bin zwar nicht Linux-unerfahren, aber die Zusammenhänge bei OMV sind mir noch bissel unklar.

Vielen Dank!

Frank.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Benutzer und Freigegebene Ordner

nixmomo

General discussion moved from another thread!!

flmaxey

Probleme RAID1 einbinden auf OMV 3.0.92 (Erasmus)

MSc

Best update-strategy on OMV3?

MSc

My Mediaserver

Dr.Seltsam

Recent Activities

• nixmomo -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Benutzer und Freigegebene Ordner.

Jap, an der Stelle ist OMV ein wenig "dumm"
  • batman_condet -

Liked MSc’s post in the thread OMV 3.x USB backup unmount external drive..

Like (Post)
    Maybe you used another USB port? Maybe the neame of the drive were changed?
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

A bridge is, usually, an unregulated pass through on a network. The only requirement is that the destination address of a frame is local to the network segment and, if the mac address is on "other side" of the bridged port, it will be passed. Otherwise,…
  • MSc -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Probleme RAID1 einbinden auf OMV 3.0.92 (Erasmus).

Quote from Nyxxic: “ als völliger Openmediavault Neuling ... ... (Ich habe bei der oben angezeigten Benachrichtigung nicht auf "Änderungen bestätigen" geklickt, warum die dort auftaucht weiß ich nicht.) ... ” Vielleicht hat es einen bestimmten…
  • MSc -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Update Best update-strategy on OMV3?.

Quote from Chris1234: “ D) just get all of them ” This is the only correct answer. If you dont update, you doesnt have a stable system!
  • Dr.Seltsam -

Replied to the thread My Mediaserver.

"Problem" ist relativ. Ich kenne Foren, wo die "Netiquette" etwas strikter ist. Hier scheint das anders zu sein ... ich will auch keine Erbsen zählen ... ZFS finde ich immer noch interessant. Nachdem ich mich etwas umgeschaut habe, werde ich aber vor…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Update Best update-strategy on OMV3?.

Quote from Chris1234: “runs on OMV3.0.73 ... and want the most stable system ” Then it's bizarre that you left out those many fixes here alone. 'debu8.1' also sounds that tons of fixes are missing in your OS installation. Quote from Chris1234: “just…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x New OMV UI.

• wombat -

Nein, Check for updates .. nothing.. (not release update, testing update.. checked) Regards!
  • subzero79 -

Quote from wombat: “Ok, when will be release for test? :) Thank you @votdev ” Is already out for testing.