openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I started having trouble updating my OMV; When I run upgrade under the update manager, I get an error and the update fails. Originally this was just happening on the MySQL update, but now no update is being complete.

I have read some threads on the form that seem to be similar, but not sure how to solve my problem.
    Do I have to purge one of the plugins? I would like not to loose any of my data or configuration.

Thank you for the help !!
  • New

Hi!

After a recent update, it now seems my UPS daemon is no longer running! Hints on where to start looking?

root@openmediavault:/# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    ii openmediavault 3.0.67 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-netatalk 3.2.8 all OpenMediaVault netatalk (AppleTalk Protocol Suite) plugin
    ii openmediavault-nut 3.2.9 all OpenMediaVault Network UPS Tools (NUT) plugin
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.24 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-virtualbox 3.0.7 all VirtualBox plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    root@openmediavault:/#
  • New

Hello,

I'm running the latest version of OMV but I would like to also have proxmox installed, and since it's also based on Debian I thought it woks.
    The problem is that after you add the repository and apt-get proxmox package it tells you that it will uninstall some packages alongside omv packages witch if we continue we break the omv setup.

Any thoughts on how this can be avoided? For the moment for virtualization I'm using virtual box but I guess it's pointless to say here it's disadvantages.

Thx

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

[HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV

wolffstarr

RAID10 - Clean, degraded - Why?

shlomi

After update, UPS service no longer running!

odinb

Trouble with OMV updating

The Master

CouchPotato 3.2.2 (and other plugins) fail to install on OMV 3.0.67

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• wolffstarr -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV.

Okay, since I had some time and I like beating my skull against brick walls until one or the other breaks, I gave a crack at trying to fix this issue with Docker using the ZFS driver and creating gobs of clones and other filesystems. I tracked it to
  • shlomi -

Replied to the thread RAID10 - Clean, degraded - Why?.

I found the solution, I just had to re-add the disk to the raid, Somehow he was no longer part of it. So I used this command: mdadm --manage /dev/md0 --re-add /dev/sdt
  • odinb -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (GIT/testing) Update After update, UPS service no longer running!.

Hmmm, it says it is running now, but services dashboard is still showing red! Source Code (11 lines)I also see this in the daemon log, seems "collectd" is not running: Source Code (17 lines)
  • corzocone -

Liked zzz09700’s post in the thread What on earth have I done to my build?!.

Like (Post)
    Quote from corzocone: “Quote from zzz09700: “Removing folders should be easy with SSH, but I figure it would be safer to copy the folders you want to another drive (maybe your PC if you have enough space) and just wipe the data drive. ” So you…
  • The Master -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (GIT/testing) Update After update, UPS service no longer running!.

• The Master -

HI Sorry but can you explain who the hell is UPS daemon
  • The Master -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Update Trouble with OMV updating.

HI Quote from vshaulsk: “I would like not to loose any of my data or configuration. ” Therefore, I recommend you to make a backup of your sensitive data Because that looks evil
  • vshaulsk -

Posted the thread OMV 2.x Update Trouble with OMV updating.

Thread
    I started having trouble updating my OMV; When I run upgrade under the update manager, I get an error and the update fails. Originally this was just happening on the MySQL update, but now no update is being complete. I have read some threads on the…
  • odinb -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (GIT/testing) Update After update, UPS service no longer running!.

Thread
    Hi! After a recent update, it now seems my UPS daemon is no longer running! Hints on where to start looking? root@openmediavault:/# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault ii openmediavault 3.0.67 all Open…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread CouchPotato 3.2.2 (and other plugins) fail to install on OMV 3.0.67.

Quote from DeadServer: “holly crap... way too long to retype manually (shell in a box doesn't work, as soon as I type a login name, I get a session close) ” Can you enable ssh and login with putty? Otherwise, I just want to see any errors at the…