openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV 4 Docker "error creating overlay mount" sonarr

Changing OS disk

ISCSI Target - Trying to adapt to newer kernels

Falco

Connection refused

There are still updates for OMV 3 ?

sirius2008

Recent Activities

• poixil -

Liked poixil’s post in the thread OMV 0.4 Connection refused.

Like (Post)
    when I type the ip address in the search engine I get rejected the connection
  • Falco -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Changing OS disk.

Thread
    Hi all, i wanted to change my OMV os disk (a 5400rpm 160gb hdd) with a 60gb SSD. What do you suggest for doing that? And will it mess up the raid made on omv or anything else?
  • Falco -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved ISCSI Target - Trying to adapt to newer kernels.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “iscsi target doesn't work on newer (4.2+) kernels. Not much you can do to fix this. ” I did find a solution using targetcli-fb. I configured it manually and it works like a charm.
  • poixil -

Posted the thread OMV 0.4 Connection refused.

Thread
    when I type the ip address in the search engine I get rejected the connection
  • sirius2008 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Update There are still updates for OMV 3 ?.

OMV3 is very stable for my setup (ASRock A330GC, intel Atom 330@1.6GHz, 2GB ram, 2 x 2TB hdd; boot from 16GB USB thumbdrive ). I'm using it only for backup my data from pc and laptop (with FreeFileSync software). Thanks.
  • WastlJ -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Update There are still updates for OMV 3 ?.

OMV does just sit on top of Debian. Therefore if Debian releases updates you still receive them. And guess what, those are such updates :) So, OMV itself would appear in that list. Just out of curiosity - why don´t you want to move?
  • mrperfektone -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Mail notification ?.

Thread
    I will get this by mail: /etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-check_locked_users: pam_tally2: No such file or directory Suggestions for what to do to fix it :)?
  • sirius2008 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Update There are still updates for OMV 3 ?.

Thread
    Hi. I know it was announced that the updates for OMV3 were stopped, but I received a few more (just days ago): -busybox 1:1.22.0-9+deb8u4 -fuse 2.9.3.15+deb8u4 -libfuse2 2.9.3-15+deb8u3 -wpasupplicant 2.3-1+deb8u6 How is that possible? Should i update…
  • Hi. I want to accomplish some automated way to conserve power, but in a way, that I can always reach my NAS on-demand. Scenario: - Shutdown (or sleep) NAS over a night or when "no one" is using NAS for a specified period of time. - Resume (power-on,…
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Shared folder SMB/CIFS on NAS is not visible.

Fall into the same "trap" at first. It's quite counterintuitive for me. Of course now I know, that I have to set up a shared folder first and the "share" the shared folder via SMB. But my question is, shouldn't it be somehow connected? Maybe in dialog…