openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi guys:

I purchased an Odroid HC-1 a couple of months ago and am finally trying to get it set up. I must warn you I am a complete Linux noob and know very little about the opperating system. So, treat me gently. I have also searched this and a dozen other forums and infomation on this little beast seems scarcer than hens teeth.

I have a 16GB SD card, which I formatted and loaded the latest OMV build for the HC-1, OMV_3_0_92_Odroidxu4_4.9.61.img.xz using Etcher.

All seems to have went well, but using Angry IP scanner I cannot see the HC-1 on my network. I have reburned the image a couple of times, but still no success. I have also rebooted the HC-1 by unplugging the power for several minutes with no effect. I waited more than the recommended 15 minutes for the image to load on the HC-1 before trying a scan.

I have the HC-1 plugged into my network vi a 1GB switch. Neither my router or Angry IP see the device.

Any suggestions?
  • New

My logic - I want as little stress as possible on my media drive, and downloading can be handled by a Download drive (I set up a separate partition on OMV boot drive). So my question is, is it best practice to have a separate drive to handle the downloading like I have set up? Then have Sab move it to a unzipping folder that is on my media drive then allow radarr/sonarr to do the rest?

What are the best practices or am I overthinking it? Do y'all simply have your media HD do the downloading etc?
  • New

I have OMV installed as VM on ESXI. The VM has system Disk and Data disk. Data Disk was granted 100 Gb. Now i want to expand it to 200 Gb. I have turned off OMV VM, extended disk in VMware console. Now in Physical Disks menu i can see that disk is 200 Gb, But in File Systems it is still 100 Gb. What is the correct way to extend this partition?

Thanks!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders

dhawk312

Rp3b and wifi, not working?

MikeK

HC-1 with OMV doesn't show up on IP Scan

tkaiser

Festplatten werden nicht als Laufwerke erkannt.

PlerTanix

OMV Web UI Behind NGINX Config

1activegeek

Recent Activities

• dhawk312 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders.

That worked, finally! But, lots of errors, and the connection is slow. And, as soon as I ctrl-c or exit the SSH connection, the network connection closes immediately. Source Code (133 lines)
  • subzero79 -

Lots of errors but at the end looks like is working.if you leave it running can you access the shares with \\ipnas from windows?
  • MikeK -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Rp3b and wifi, not working?.

I've got same problem. After letting installation scripts to configure the system I can't get wlan0 to work in any way I know. Has this been resolved?
  • dhawk312 -

Here is the out of smbd -F -d 3 -S: Source Code (47 lines)
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x HC-1 with OMV doesn't show up on IP Scan.

What about led behaviour? The red one should light solid and the blue one starting to do 'heartbeat' blinking as soon as the kernel loads. Details: forum.armbian.com/topic/4983-odroid-hc1-hc2/
  • PlerTanix -

Replied to the thread Festplatten werden nicht als Laufwerke erkannt..

Hallo, Ich habe auf einem Rechner die Software OpenMediaVault installiert. Ich habe in dem Rechner nur 1 Festplatte drin. Ich habe schon alles versucht, die Software nur mit einer Festplatte zu betreiben. Habe schon versucht die Festplatte mit Ubuntu zu…
  • 1activegeek -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV Web UI Behind NGINX Config.

So I went through the nuances of digging into the nitty gritty detail of the trailing slash you seem to have. It's a mystery to me how many people use such different syntax yet all end up with working configs in the end. But in this scenario, no go. It…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) "Missing" RAID filesystem.

Similar issues only occurring with 4.13: ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2376227&page=3 Which drives are these two?
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1.

Well, nand-sata-install needs a lot of adjustments but most probably we'll write a new tool from scratch and drop all the unnecessary backwards compatibility that makes touching this tool a PITA. Current version of the tool can not transfer btrfs to ext4…
  • mateuxp -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) "Missing" RAID filesystem.

Quote from votdev: “Is it listed in Shell-Script (1 line)” it is: Source Code (14 lines)