openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi all,

Potential new user, looking to setup new NAS build for home. I've had an ubuntu server for a long time (and a couple ubuntu server VMs), but recently I was using my windows box as both a desktop & server. It had 4 drives in it, and I used a couple mirrored for important things (ie family photos), and left the other two for general media file use.
    Looking at what options I had for new build, as from what I've read, it doesn't sound like I could split the two 6TB drives into 2x3TB partitions, and mirror one from each disk? Any way to do something similar in OMV?
    I will consider just re-purposing the current old 4 drives into a backup NAS, but they're fairly old now (>50,000 hours).
    What are my options please?
    Thanks.
  • New

Hey everyone, I'm having issues mounting a drive formated as ntfs.

When I attempt to mount it from the file systems tab I get the following error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/sdd1' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mount: can't find mount source /dev/sdd1 in /etc/fstab

Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/sdd1' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mount: can't find mount source /dev/sdd1 in /etc/fstab' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(715): OMV\System\Process->execute()#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(874): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem->mount()#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array,…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Determining reason for system reboot

tkaiser

ZoneMinder OMV 3.x - Installation

raulfg3

Cron.daily - Problems ?

tkaiser

Vmware install

Fredouil

New user setup - only 2 drives, mirror partitions?

Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Determining reason for system reboot.

Quote from ColdShoulderMedia: “MC1 Error: Parity error during data load. ” This IS a memory loading error which can be an indication of bad memory or bad CPU. MC1 is 'memory controller 1'. If your system is equipped with ECC DRAM you could become…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x ZoneMinder OMV 3.x - Installation.

Quote from SnakeDoc: “I'm sorry but i don't understand where do you find the pull image of zoneminder ? Thanks a lot ” github.com/aptalca/docker-zoneminder
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Cron.daily - Problems ?.

Quote from subzero79: “touch /var/log/netatalk.log ” If Debian's logrotate script for whatever reasons can't cope with logfiles that do not (yet) exist and then really mark this as 'error' instead of silently ignoring it, maybe the better idea would…
  • Fredouil -

Replied to the thread Vmware install.

yes I know, I use it in its latest version but I have impatibility with a virtual machine that can only run with vmware or hyper-v as well as virtualbox is less efficient than vmware ... Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
  • Symbiot -

Replied to the thread Vmware install.

I know it's not what you're asking but have you looked at virtualBox? it's available as a plugin.
  • Wimma -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x New user setup - only 2 drives, mirror partitions?.

Thread
    Hi all, Potential new user, looking to setup new NAS build for home. I've had an ubuntu server for a long time (and a couple ubuntu server VMs), but recently I was using my windows box as both a desktop & server. It had 4 drives in it, and I used a…
  • ColdShoulderMedia -

Replied to the thread Determining reason for system reboot.

Looking at my stats, I suspect it is a memory issue.
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread Cron.daily - Problems ?.

Quote from mrperfektone: “error: stat of /var/log/netatalk.log failed: No such file or directory ” ..there is no log. ? touch /var/log/netatalk.log and maybe it won't come tomorrow the error
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

Try this: cd /media/d0978d3d-013d-4b07-9a15-b9f6be4657f9 lsblk This command will list all your drives and mount points. I assume your NextCloud folder is under www folder. NC v12.0.3 download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-12.0.3.zip
  • psaeon -

Posted the thread Unable to mount ntfs.

Thread
    Hey everyone, I'm having issues mounting a drive formated as ntfs. When I attempt to mount it from the file systems tab I get the following error: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin;…