openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Update to OMV 3.XY recommended ?

gderf

MySQL - Scheduled backup doesn't work

happyreacer

Email notification without internet access -> SMTP server?

myscha

MySQL no root access

Stramm

looking for Plex alternative

gderf

Recent Activities

• gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Update to OMV 3.XY recommended ?.

I really wish the site ops could do something with this problem I and others are having with their posts being held for moderation.
  • happyreacer -

Replied to the thread MySQL - Scheduled backup doesn't work.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Probably a difference between mysql and mariadb. Which are you using? dpkg -l | grep -E "mysql|mariadb" ” my output: Source Code (9 lines)
  • myscha -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Email notification without internet access -> SMTP server?.

Quote from gderf: “I do this all the time. Just add some type of POP server into your OMV. I used popa3d. ” OMV asks for SMTP connection details. How did you set up the pop server there?
  • Stramm -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) MySQL no root access.

Please read this post... daily mail with cron failed Edit: sorry, that won't work...then just try with root and empty password
  • riff-raff -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) MySQL no root access.

• gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Email notification without internet access -> SMTP server?.

Quote from myscha: “I just want to get notifications in the LAN, no need to access them from the WAN side of the router. Is there an easy way to achieve this? ” I do this all the time. Just add some type of POP server into your OMV. I used popa3d.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) looking for Plex alternative.

Did you install OMV to that M.2 using the iso installer or was it a Debian install with OMV installed on top of it? I seem to remember reading that an OMV iso install will not run a 4.x kernel on an M.2 disk.
  • myscha -

I just want to get notifications in the LAN, no need to access them from the WAN side of the router. Is there an easy way to achieve this?
  • willri -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Update to OMV 3.XY recommended ?.

THX o.k. thats what I usually also prefer, but : Will I loose all my settings and asignments ? Can I save them and reload them to 4.xy ? I'v got a new I-Net serviceprovider and also checked with " DNS Benchmark" ( see grc.com/intro.htm ) what…
  • athlon3388 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Samba4. Very slow search in the Explorer. Windows clients.

Thread
    Hello, friends. Faced a problem: if you start looking for a file or folder in the shared directory (smb) through the built-in windows explorer, then the search goes very slowly. At the same time, if you search in a shared folder through Windows, then the…