openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Check last accessed folder from a Windows user

sbocquet

Raspberry PI 3B+ File Copy Fails, Works on 3B

tkaiser

ZFS Degraded Pool

bookie56

Post 3.x -> 4.x upgrade error

MorgothQ

Raid 5 growing

flmaxey

Recent Activities

• sbocquet -

Replied to the thread Check last accessed folder from a Windows user.

Yyou can read the atime, mtime or ctime of any file in a shell script Source Code (9 lines)
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Raspberry PI 3B+ File Copy Fails, Works on 3B.

Quote from KiwiSteve: “Has anyone else seen wired network errors with the 3B+ during file copy? ” Sure. It's lousy hardware and networking has obviously not been tested by the vendor prior to product launch. Somewhere here you find the ugly details: New
  • visualteo1 -

Replied to the thread Check last accessed folder from a Windows user.

In this moment there isn't a personal backup, nas with openmediavault born for this use. NAS is syncronized with active directory throught LDAP Microsoft. We autorize only domain user to access in to nas.
  • bookie56 -

Replied to the thread ZFS Degraded Pool.

• MorgothQ -

Replied to the thread Post 3.x -> 4.x upgrade error.

Found the answer to this one here: bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php-defaults/+bug/1579480 Quote from MorgothQ: “ I'm also getting the following in my e-mail, as opposed to the normal message about logins, updates and such: Source Code (3 lines)”
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread ZFS Degraded Pool.

I did a scrub of my backup disk and found 4 "unrecoverable" errors. I'll be looking into what that means and how to correct it.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Raid 5 growing.

Regarding software or hardware RAID recovery, the answer to what I think you're asking is "no". If you're doing mdadm (software) RAID 5, data and parity is striped across all disks. Parity information will rebuild data from 1 drive failure but more…
  • SteveMann -

Replied to the thread Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?.

Thanks- that and some old-fashioned research helped me understand a lot. Linux is getting more versatile for me every day. Who knows, I may switch my main PC to Debian some day, or at least, dual-boot. Perhaps you can help me get a bit further in my…
  • SteveMann -

Replied to the thread Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?.

Thanks- that and some old-fashioned research helped me understand a lot. Linux is getting more versatile for me every day. Who knows, I may switch my main PC to Debian some day, or at least, dual-boot. Perhaps you can help me get a bit further in my…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Full root drive help.

Did you read the logs to see what it is writing about? A few details like hardware type etc might get better guesses. One other quick tip df -h shows the size of your partitions. apt-get clean all cleans your apt cache which can store a lot of archives…