openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I have installed successfully before on a VM so I finally decided bare metal server was a go.

The openmediavault boot menu looks fine, no issues, I select install and then I get this garbled screen. I've tried both DVI and VGA outputs.
    I tried to blindly enter my way through the garbled screens using the installation guide screenshots but eventually I got a very red looking garbled screen so I guess the install completely failed.

Any ideas?
    It's a Ryzen 3, motherboard is asrock ab350 pro4, and only the SSD is connected. Using iso on a usb downloaded today version 4.1.3 amd64
  • New

Hello,
    I desperately need a Remote Desktop in OMV OpenMediaVault.
    Installed> OMV-Extras> Plugins> openmediavault-remotedesktop 4.0.1
    Connected via Windows Remote Desktop Connection.
    After a few clicks, no reaction, connection reboot few clicks and again lags / errors.

Source Code

1. root@RockHomeServer:~# uname -a
    2. Linux RockHomeServer 4.4.138-1094-rockchip-ayufan-gf13a8a9a4eee #1 SMP Thu Aug 9 20:29:55 UTC 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

[IMG:http://funkyimg.com/i/2Pcg4.jpg] [IMG:http://funkyimg.com/i/2PchY.jpg]

Remote Desktop is very important to me.
    Please help.
  • New

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I've just tried upgrading from v3 to v4, using the guides I found on here: apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, omv-release-upgrade

But now I can't get into the GUI. I'm not that familiar with Linux so I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting. Here is the last part of the log from the omv-release-upgrade:

Source Code

1. Configuration file '/etc/ntp.conf'
    2. ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
    3. ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
    4. ==> Keeping old config file as default.
    5. Setting up libnghttp2-14:amd64 (1.18.1-1) ...
    6. Setting up librtmp1:amd64 (2.4+20151223.gitfa8646d.1-1+b1) ...
    7. Setting up libssh2-1:amd64 (1.7.0-1) ...
    8. Setting up libcurl3-gnutls:amd64 (7.52.1-5+deb9u8) ...
  • New

To preface things, I did a bunch of omv-release-upgrades to get from 2.x to 4.x. I ended up sorting through a LOT of problems, but I think all of my errors are resolved as far as that goes.

I have a Mellanox ConnectX on both my OMV box and my Windows 10 box, connecting to a Unifi 10gbps port. Both OS's show that they're connected at 10gbps, however all testing is showing that the throughput on the linux box is only operating at 1gbps. iperf, smb, nfs, etc. all capping out at about 112MB/s or 1gbps. Ethtool is showing the links peed at 10000Mb/s. Is there some sort of configuration I need to check that would force the interface to be limited to 1gbps throughput?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV-Remote Desktop-lag-disorder

M0rpheus

Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?

Kai

Bare metal OMV 4 install issue on Ryzen 3 - screen garbled

andrew

Upgrade error : openmediavault (4.1.13-1)

hoppel118

Unofficial OMV Theme Changer tool, css themes and UI manipulation

KM0201

Recent Activities

• M0rpheus -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV-Remote Desktop-lag-disorder.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Then update the system from the updates tab. Then install the remotedesktop plugin from the plugins tab. ” Thank you for your prompt reply Otherwise, everything must be right as I do!?! It has always been like this, when I search…
  • Kai -

Replied to the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Quote from KM0201: “Quote from Kai: “Also forum, I hate to throw this into the mix but it came to my mind last night. What if I wanted to get acquainted with Linux - could I install the Linux OS also and have it running with OMV4? Would the Linux OS…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from M0rpheus: “maybe I installed something wrong or did something wrong / forgotten? ” First of all, use this image as it already has OMV installed - github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux…-0.7.11-1075-armhf.img.xz Then update the system from the updates…
  • Adoby -

Liked andrew’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Bare metal OMV 4 install issue on Ryzen 3 - screen garbled.

Like (Post)
    I tried to edit the boot menu, it had vga=788 so I entered a random number and enter key. It then said unknown mode but listed all the modes, I picked 322 as it looked really basic resolution and now I can see the install screens. yay.
  • andrew -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Bare metal OMV 4 install issue on Ryzen 3 - screen garbled.

I tried to edit the boot menu, it had vga=788 so I entered a random number and enter key. It then said unknown mode but listed all the modes, I picked 322 as it looked really basic resolution and now I can see the install screens. yay.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Bare metal OMV 4 install issue on Ryzen 3 - screen garbled.

The kernel in the OMV version you install may not support the APU. It is common that kernels in Linux lag behind new hardware a few months. Try to install using SSH as if your computer is headless. Then update at once and reboot. I don't know if an…
  • M0rpheus -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? ” I am failing in this mistake for days. I am desperate and do not trust myself anymore. Please tell me step by step how to install it. To avoid errors. I've just completely…
  • KM0201 -

Liked syrusstk’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Unofficial OMV Theme Changer tool, css themes and UI manipulation.

Like (Post)
    Quote from KM0201: “People have tried theme changers in the past, but this is the most successful attempt. There's one thing on yours that I really appreciate, and that is the bold font. Well done. ” I was actually thinking about adding some…
  • hoppel118 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Upgrade error : openmediavault (4.1.13-1).

Did you try setup your omv4 from scratch? If I were you I would try that, instead of waiting for omv5. ;) Regards Hoppel
  • andrew -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Bare metal OMV 4 install issue on Ryzen 3 - screen garbled.

Thread
    I have installed successfully before on a VM so I finally decided bare metal server was a go. The openmediavault boot menu looks fine, no issues, I select install and then I get this garbled screen. I've tried both DVI and VGA outputs. I tried to…