openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi,

I have nicely running Openmediavault, and I'm very pleased. I now want to move this install to a new SSD before I move this server to a DC. What is the best way to do this? Has Openmediavault some tools I'm not aware of?
  • New

Since a few days I have a problem with remote desktop, from win10 i launch "Remote Desktop", it connects with my omv, it asks me to login, then i have only a blank window.
    I tried to uninstall and reinstall plugin.
    I don't know i it can helps but from file .xorgxrdp.10.log i found some errors:

Source Code

1. cat .xorgxrdp.10.log | grep EE
    2. (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
    3. [ 397.096] (EE) systemd-logind: failed to take device /dev/dri/card0: Operation not permitted
    4. [ 397.152] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
    5. [ 397.152] (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
    6. [ 397.152] (EE) GLX: could not load
  • New

I formatted my data disk today and I copied all data back to it from my other disk.
    Until yesterday everything was working. I fooled around with permissions and ACL and absolute nothing worked. A real nightmare.

I've set up my share and my samba again and mapped it to Windows. Everything fine.
    I can see and access all files but I can not create files or folders.

HOW to set up users (NO extra groups!), Samba shares and "Permissions" (NO ACL) so I can use my share via Windows again?

ls -la output

Source Code

1. me@nas:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Seagate2TB$ ls -la
    2. insgesamt 76
    3. drwxr-xr-x 14 root root 221 Aug 16 20:13 .
    4. drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 Aug 16 14:22 ..
    5. drwxr-xr-x 5 root users 60 Apr 12 21:04 Images
    6. -rwxr-xr-x 1 root users 416 Jul 16 13:07 Test.txt

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

NO WOL with Kernel 4.17.0.0. bpo

kaminkehrer

How to set OMV to boot Clonezilla once via Shell?

KOENICH

New SSD

Adoby

Plex not transcoding. Docker.

gderf

Unable to install remotedesktop because newer xrdp require

Recent Activities

• kaminkehrer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update NO WOL with Kernel 4.17.0.0. bpo.

Hallo, bei genau das selbe. Mit zurückwechseln auf den Kernel 4.16 funktioniert das WOL wieder. Grüße kaminkehrer
  • KOENICH -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x How to set OMV to boot Clonezilla once via Shell?.

Quote from Falco: “Quote from KOENICH: “... ” Could you please post the result of "systemctl status" of the nginx service? ” Sure, here it is: Source Code (12 lines)Looks to me as if there was a certificate problem - in addition to updating OMV I…
  • tbd -

Liked thexma’s post in the thread Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x.

Like (Post)
    thank you @Wolf2000, replace new lines fixed it: line 109: def remove(wr, selfref=ref(self)): replace with: def remove(wr, selfref=ref(self), _atomic_removal=_remove_dead_weakref): line 117: _remove_dead_weakref(d, wr.key) replace with:
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x New SSD.

Quote from macom: “Quote from Adoby: “If your SSD is smaller than the current system drive you may have problems. Clonezilla can only restore to a larger or equal size target. ” Clonezilla can do if your actually used data is smaller than the size…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x New SSD.

Quote from Adoby: “If your SSD is smaller than the current system drive you may have problems. Clonezilla can only restore to a larger or equal size target. ” Clonezilla can do if your actually used data is smaller than the size of the new drive and…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Plex not transcoding. Docker..

Quote from Quiksmage: “another thing to keep in mind is the tmp directory. I believe that's where the transcode files will go. If it fails, it's likely because there's something wrong with that directory (permissions). ” When running Plex in a docker…
  • waca -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install remotedesktop because newer xrdp require.

Thread
    Hello, OVM4.1.9 I wanted to install the plugin remotedesktop but I get : The following packages have unmet dependencies: openmediavault-remotedesktop : Depends: xrdp (>= 0.9.4) but 0.9.1-9+deb9u3 is to be installed E: Unable to correct problems, you…
  • Quiksmage -

Replied to the thread Plex not transcoding. Docker..

another thing to keep in mind is the tmp directory. I believe that's where the transcode files will go. If it fails, it's likely because there's something wrong with that directory (permissions).
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Quote from henfri: “I was refering to this: ” I didn't see that but it is not the best workaround and harder to setup. Quote from henfri: “Why do you think it is easier developing something from scratch ” Because it isn't developing it from…
  • Quiksmage -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x [mountpoint] <defunct> in process listing.

I have this exact issue. I logged in via ssh and saw 23 zombie processes. After running ps aux | grep Z, I found that I had a list like the first post in here. edit: nevermind. Per another post I found "And since these zombies die pretty fast (look…