openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Why is Web-GUI not starting when RAID cannot be assembled?

What to do if hardware fail?

geaves

New Help me choose OMV

KM0201

Keep getting /tmp error messages

votdev

Guide to OMV 4 Active Directory Integration

Lee

Recent Activities

• bvrulez -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Why is Web-GUI not starting when RAID cannot be assembled?.

Thread
    After rebooting my OMV is not finding all 7 disks of my RAID6 and thus the array is not active. I am trying to investigate the reasons. But I wonder why also no Web-GUI and no SSH is availlable. The OMV is on a seperate disk and I can access the command…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x What to do if hardware fail?.

Hm! Seems not with that P400, but they can be presented as a single disk but set as Raid 0 on each so probably not a good idea, found this which might shed some more light.
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread New Help me choose OMV.

I guess if you really must know if this will work (I'm assuming it probably would work w/ Debian) Install Debian 9 to a USB flash drive. Boot Debian 9 Follow those instructions See if you get the desired result.
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread New Help me choose OMV.

Why are you concerned about an Nvidia driver w/ a server? (or maybe I'm missing something). Since the server has no GUI, and it's simply text on the console.. it's really not a concern.. unless you're wanting to run a full desktop on your server.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread Keep getting /tmp error messages.

• Lee -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Guide to OMV 4 Active Directory Integration.

I figured it out....(or rather my stupidity) It happens when the UID_MAX is lower than the returned UID...in my case it is 10 digits. I added 9999999999 (10 digit) and it works
  • borngborn -

Posted the thread New Help me choose OMV.

Thread
    So im going back and fourth between using OMV and just regular Ubuntu server with docker. Im wondering since OMV is built on debian would this be possible to install github.com/keylase/nvidia-patch
  • PC_Pal68 -

Replied to the thread Keep getting /tmp error messages.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Update your system to the latest version of OMV from the Updates tab. This was fixed quite a while ago. ” Couldn't upgrade the system through the update management menu. Thought I might have a faulty OS drive. Decided to…
  • dcovach -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Mount point.

For the life of me I can't map this mac folder in OMV remote mount. I can map it in windows 10 using the same //server/share but not in OMV. Any tricks I should know before I give up? Using guest account and no luck.