openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I've set up the snapraid plugin and did some tests. I managed to "undelete" for example.
    The problem is that when I want to try to replace a data disk, it does not work.

Anybody done that successfully in the GUI? The snapraid manual is for the command line and I find it very difficult to "translate" the recovery steps to the omv plugin.

My setup:

• data d1 /mnt/disk1/ (Content, Data)
    • data d2 /mnt/disk2/ (Content, Data)
    • parity /mnt/disk3/ (Content, Parity)

• New

Quick question, I would like to run a virtualbox of Windows 10 on my OMV host computer. I would like to access this virtual machine on my host machine (not through a web browser or web gui but using the OMV's host display). My current setup is the opposite of that (Windows 10 running an OMV virtual machine) and I am beginning to see the limitations of this implementation, especially since this PCs primary function is to be a NAS and secondary function is to allow access to office, web browser, youtube, etc. If this is possible please help me out. Can I do this through the virtualbox plugin or should I be installing a version of virtualbox through the terminal?
  • New

Hallo

Ich weiß nicht ob es hier paßt, bei Bedarf verschieben.
    Ich wollte eine externe Festplatte an einen USB 3.0 Controller anschließen, der als Steckkarte im PCIe1 Steckplatz meines HP Microserver steckt. Schließe ich die Festplatte daran an, wird sie nicht in der WebGui angezeigt. Nur wenn sie an den internen USB 2.0 Anschlüssen steckt wird sie angezeigt.

1. Wie kann ich überprüfen ob die Steckkarte von OMV erkannt wurde?
    2. Muß ich die Steckkarte irgendwie OMV bekannt machen?
    3. Wenn das alles funktionert, kann ich eine 3TByte Festplatte die NTFS formatiert ist in OMV einbinden? Ich habe gelesen das OMV NTFS formatierte Festplatten einbinden aber nicht formatieren kann.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

snapraid - problem with recovering in the GUI

Replaced a disk with Snapraid -> Cannot access the files afterwards?

wolf8auer

Replacing Non-ECC with ECC

tkaiser

Proxy certificate

Steeli

Questions concerning [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker

flmaxey

Recent Activities